• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Do you boycott any products/companies?

We boycott all corporate fast food but not for any ethical reason, but because it sucks.

The local drive-ins (Beacon Drive-In, Clock, Little Rebel Sugar-n-Spice) are much better if a burger or dog is needed.

Not fair. Most of us would never eat fast food if we lived near the Beacon.

Says the guy with a soccer avatar...

Really? Hunter S. Thompson? He's the example of manliness we should all aspire to?

Hunter%20S.%20Thompson

Last edited:
i don't get how he can eat so much doing so much yay.

really struggling with the what the cocaine trade does for south american countries. almost as bad as wal mart or cfa, but they offer a largely superior product.

Applebees. The only time we went into one, we sat for 15 minutes as servers passed by and nobody even offered to take our drink order. We walked out, and the little hostess girl tries to get between us and the door and asked us twice if we paid. I told her that nobody offered to sell us anything since we came in, pushed past her, and never returned. That was over ten years ago.

Tonight Full Moon Oyster Bar is getting our business.

Not going to a restaurant because it has shitty service/food or Wal-Mart because it's full of poors is a weak ass "boycott". When I think of a boycott, it's usually involves giving up something you have enjoyed with an organization that you have a prior relationship with. The Chik Fil-A example is good. If someone turned in a Masters badge a few years ago because of the club's discrimination towards women, that is a freaking boycott.

my cfa boycott was a lot tougher before moving west. now it's really easy because anytime cfa is an option a bo's is an easy option. walmart is pretty easy living in a city, but it used to be hard sometimes when youd get out of the city. seems to me there's less in CA than the DC outskirts (including WV/MD/VA areas).

agreed on the first part, though. i don't eat at crappy chains because they suck. not a boycott, just preference.

I didn't buy French products for years when they wouldn't let us use their airspace.

To my detriment I never watched 30 Rock because I can't stand Baldwin's antics and Tina Fey's politics. Prob need to get on that, heard its a good show.

Cook-out is now open in Atlanta so all fast food here should be quaking in their boots.

I didn't buy French products for years when they wouldn't let us use their airspace.

Least surprising boycott ever. Please tell me you said 'freedom fries' too.

Back