• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Do you boycott any products/companies?

RJKarl

Banhammer'd
Reaction score
The CFA brings this up. I thought a thread about this might make it easier to see specifics.

Here goes for me:

CFA
WalMart
Welch's

I used to not allow any Coors products in my home either, but the new generation of the Coors family have overthrown the racism, homophobic and anti-Semetic actions of their parents and grandparents.

There might be one or two others, but I'm just not getting them now.

Robert Welch found the racist, anti-Semetic John Birch Society.

The CFA brings this up. I thought a thread about this might make it easier to see specifics.

Here goes for me:

CFA
WalMart
Welch's

I used to not allow any Coors products in my home either, but the new generation of the Coors family have overthrown the racism, homophobic and anti-Semetic actions of their parents and grandparents.

There might be one or two others, but I'm just not getting them now.

I'm not familiar with what Welch's has done to elicit a boycott. Explanation please?

Robert Welch found the racist, anti-Semetic John Birch Society.

Was Robert Welch associated with Welch's? Robert did found the Oxford Candy Company, and played a large role in James O. Welch Company (introduced Junior Mints). But I can't find any evidence he played a role in Welch's.

chickfila.png

I don't eat veal. Does that count?

probably done going to clippers games until sterling is gone

I don't eat veal. Does that count?

ditto. that's the only thing I can really think of, where I make a conscious decision to avoid it based on moral reasons.

Not so much of a boycott, but whenever I have enough information to actually make a decision (labeling isn't great on most products), I avoid anything that isn't free-range/free-trade/child labor free/hippie approved.

I "boycotted" the Boy Scouts of America a couple years back, sending back my Eagle Scout award (there was at least one thread about scouts sending back badges).

Since then, not really. I make active choices about the products I'm buying and try to be as socially conscious as I can reasonably afford to be. That's about as far as I go, though.

Back