• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Awesome Map Thread

Most driving fatalies by county
Deadly-Counties-for-Driving.jpg

https://autos.yahoo.com/news/where-u-most-likely-die-car-crash-193031742.html

Most states have a craft brewery named after something associated with the state, or some random name that would fit most anywhere. Except Nevada - "Ellis Island" for a state way far from the famous Ellis Island, and inland to boot. WTF???

Interesting that the two "safest" counties are Nantucket - an island with relatively few cars, few roads, and no where to go except get on/off the ferry and Arlington, VA, so much traffic, no time to get to lethal speed.

Actually, This is a PER CAPITA rate, not an absolute rate.

That is why Kenedy county, TX, population 416 (2010 census) with 43 traffic deaths in 20 years has a "more dangerous" rating than many counties with that many deaths in a year. That is why some of the most populous counties are listed as "safest" - big denominator of population to divide the death numbers.
Nice find, bad caption

true; but i meant for the helpful map on their webzone, "Exxonmobile Perspectives"

The map is from American Petroleum Institute. Exxon's point is they make less on a gallon of gas than the federal and state governments do. This was news to me. I'd be pretty chapped if governments made 10x more money off my product than I did.
Also, be sure to fill up before entering NC.

The map is from American Petroleum Institute. Exxon's point is they make less on a gallon of gas than the federal and state governments do. This was news to me. I'd be pretty chapped if governments made 10x more money off my product than I did.

I'll be sure to shed a tear for Big Oil tonight before I go to bed.

The government isn't making money. They're building roads and bridges... Theoretically.

weird, i wasn't aware that gasoline was the only taxed good or service in the US

Skol!

so bad. Brahma wins that battle

Back