• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Awesome Map Thread

5e6e891653b44e2992f5472b30f25fa1.jpeg

I'm aware. But I'm a beloved (okay moderately acceptable) NC transplant. Not the hated "destroying-my-beloved-Austin" Californian. We're the okay ones. Apparently.

And Shake Shack sucks. If you ever make it back to ATX I strongly suggest Hopdoddy. They have solid margs as well.

Hopdoddy is the best. Also in Dallas, Scottsdale, and Denver

Nathan Yau, a statistician who runs the blog Flowing Data, has made a series of gorgeous maps breaking down the population of America. The maps are part of his recent project to recreate the 1874 Statistical Atlas of the United States with the original design but 2013 data. Link to the article and maps. http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...y-are-today/?tid=hybrid_experimentrandom_2_na

The first two maps show the country's more recent immigrants. The first one shows where Americans who are foreign born live. The coasts and the Southwest are home to many more recent immigrants, with some interesting exceptions, such as Eastern Washington and Southeastern Kansas.

imrs.php

Last edited:
The second looks at people whose parents are foreign-born. In other words, this is a map of second-generation Americans. These people make up between 20 and 70 percent of the population in a very substantial swath of America.

imrs.php

That's a great map, awaken. I can't believe Charlie Ergen is worth that much. Didn't he give a load of money to wake around the time he gave the commencement speech?

That's a great map, awaken. I can't believe Charlie Ergen is worth that much. Didn't he give a load of money to wake around the time he gave the commencement speech?

His kids took a private plane to summer camp.

Back