• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Awesome Map Thread

Jacob and Sophia? Crazy.

Love that Christopher took over in the 80s then has gone away.

map-of-alocohol-consumption-around-the-world.jpg

drink-popularity-by-country.jpg

I'd love to know what cause the "Lisa" and "Jennifer" epidemics in the mid 60's and 70's.

google:
But what brought Jennifer to Number 1? Much credit for this goes to Hollywood again, via a bestselling novel. Mass audiences were sobbing to the tragic tale of Jennifer Cavilleri and Oliver Barrett IV in first the Erich Segal novel and then the Ali McGraw-Ryan O’Neal film of Love Story, released in 1970, the year—yes—that Jennifer hit Number One on the Social Security list.

At this point in time we see successful grown-up survivors of that epidemic headlining everywhere—Jennifer Aniston, Jennifer Lopez, Jennifer Love Hewitt, Jennifer Garner, Jennifer Connelly, Jennifer Hudson, Jennifer Capriati, and current Oscar nominee Jennifer Lawrence, born at the tail end of the meteor, in 1990.

I performed much more poorly at this map than I expected. It'll give you a city, and you see how close to the actual location you can pin it. You can sign in as a visitor, then play others or play alone.

http://geosense.net/

oh, that's kind of fun. I got a few easy ones like Montreal and Brisbane (I spent a semester there) and then some I'd never even heard of. A lot harder to randomly place a city in Russia than in Iraq.

attempt 1 - average points 441.1, avg kms off 1786.2. (Russia! not knowing African geography at all!)

I've been wasting my time on that site for quite a while. Gauging by the number of guests on there right now, it looks like quite a few of you are doing the same thing.

Far and away my best round, but I've yet to play anyone.

(timeouts not in avgs)scoreroundsrounds wontimeoutsavg pointsavg kms offavg time
guest13105632810-1703.1729.44.2
-------

I've been wasting my time on that site for quite a while. Gauging by the number of guests on there right now, it looks like quite a few of you are doing the same thing.

Far and away my best round, but I've yet to play anyone.

(timeouts not in avgs)scoreroundsrounds wontimeoutsavg pointsavg kms offavg time
guest13105632810-1703.1729.44.2
-------

I did 7216. Didn't copy the table though. Completely wiffed on Archangel, Russia.

I knew you'd come over here to gloat. I had you beat except for fucking Guyana where I went against my gut. STUPID IPPITY.

I knew you'd come over here to gloat. I had you beat except for fucking Guyana where I went against my gut. STUPID IPPITY.

Losers make excuses.
Winners click on the world map in close enough locations.

Back