• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Awesome Map Thread

DXEa_lvXcAAx5C1.jpg

https://fivethirtyeight.com/feature...of-conference-tournament-locations-in-6-maps/

Edit: Interesting that they suggest Raleigh for the ACC tournament (73 miles from the geographic center) instead of Greensboro, which is closer (24 miles) and has actually hosted an ACC tournament.

So the Big 10 should be in Chicago and the Big East should be in Cleveland if we are going major city near the geographical center. It makes no sense to me to have 3 major conference championships all in NYC.

Floyd...ouch.
a74d566b7aeae453dd7d16cfd95fd0c1.jpg

Im from the county that looks like a boot (Halifax) in the Floyd section. I was just a teenager, but when I think of hurricanes, that's still my first thought to this day. Soooooo much flood damage. I wonder how it compares to the flood heavy hurricanes of last year. That number is even crazier because there is nothing in that area, but I guess there was a lot of crop damage.

Last edited:
Im from the county that looks like a boot (Halifax) in the Floyd section. I was just a teenager, but when I think of hurricanes, that's still my first thought to this day. Soooooo much flood damage. I wonder how it compares to the flood heavy hurricanes of last year. That number is even crazier because there is nothing in that area, but I guess there was a lot of crop damage.

Wasn't Floyd the one that historically flooded the Tar River?

Experiencing Harvey in Houston last year was definitely the craziest weather experience I've ever lived through, but when I think of a hurricane my mind always goes back to Hugo when I was just a lad.

Wasn't Floyd the one that historically flooded the Tar River?
Yes. Princeville was nearly wiped off the map, and a large part of the eastern quarter of the state was under water. ECU was flooded and State allowed them to play Miami at Carter-Finley. ECU proceeded to win and tear down the goalposts.

Yes. Princeville was nearly wiped off the map, and a large part of the eastern quarter of the state was under water. ECU was flooded and State allowed them to play Miami at Carter-Finley. ECU proceeded to win and tear down the goalposts.

Not hard to imagine Greenville being underwater. The river is just feet away from much of the off-campus student housing at ECU.

Anyone read this book yet, "Prisoners of Geography: Ten Maps That Tell You Everything You Need to Know About Global Politics"? It's seemingly everywhere, I picked it up for a long plane ride and am about to open it. Got high recommendation from a friend.

Back