• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Awesome Map Thread

So many questions. Who are the people that live on the border between Jethro Tull and Olivia Newton-John and who hurt them?

Olivia Newton-John moved to Australia when she was six.

Genesis - Charterhouse School chums with Wake sociology prof Ian Taplin. He was still pretty tight with Tony Banks.

https://bigthink.com/strange-maps/i...-officers-can-legally-have-sex-with-detainees

Red states are those where it is legal for a police officer to have sex with a detainee.

cropped_rape_cops_map.jpg

that FL is NOT on that list is probably the most surprising thing I have seen this week.

Apparently Maryland has something a little more serious than crabs.

lol, Connecticut. "Quarter-life Crisis," really? Fucking millennials.

This kind of thing is bad/fake science writing. There are probably more than half a dozen species in the yard within a week.
Sparrow, Robin, starling, grackle, catbird, dove, house finch, gold finch. And more than that over the course of a year. Just bad science writing.

Where's Chic when you need her? How about Birdman?

Here! There is definitely something wrong with that map...The scale must be some sort of diversity index not an absolute number. The relative amounts are not terrible, just for example, There are three species of tanagers in all of North America and in Central there are more than 15 species of tanagers.

I'll also note that migration makes this a difficult map to construct because most of our perching bird species in north America migrate to central and south America so there would need to be a temporal or seasonal component of a map like this. For example, here is an awesome map of Wood thrush migration connectivity.

fall-migrationall-birds.jpg

Back