• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Awesome Map Thread

This may be the antithesis of an awesome map, but how much you have to save per month starting at 22 years of age in order to afford a downpayment for a home when you are 30. Further examples depending on when you start saving. Considering it wasn't until several years after college I could afford to start putting money away, I have some ground to make up. https://www.empiretoday.com/saving-for-down-payment

Down-Payment-22.jpg

This may be the antithesis of an awesome map, but how much you have to save per month starting at 22 years of age in order to afford a downpayment for a home when you are 30. Further examples depending on when you start saving. Considering it wasn't until several years after college I could afford to start putting money away, I have some ground to make up. https://www.empiretoday.com/saving-for-down-payment

Down-Payment-22.jpg

That article assumes a 20% down payment. Average down payment is closer to 10%.

Calculation is also pretty lazy and assumes there is no benefit of compound interest / savings / investment. (i.e. $236,000 down payment required for San Diego / 8 years / 12 months = $2,458, which assumes that you make $0 over the next 95 months for the $2,458 saved in Month 1)

Bank savings rates are like 2.25% and home prices are appreciating faster than that in most markets. Did you have some Wall Street play in mind for your housing fund ?

Bank savings rates are like 2.25% and home prices are appreciating faster than that in most markets. Did you have some Wall Street play in mind for your housing fund ?

Average 8-year yield in the market has been 10.64%/year from 1950-2019.

Worst period was April 2001 to March 2009 (-5.2%/year), best period was February 1991 to January 1999 (+34%/year).

Should Missouri be brown? Or are there enough St. Louis rams fans that even cared about the team leaving?

These solar panel installer projections were probably before the Trump tariffs on the panels.

That map prompted me to compare the salary of a coal miner with a solar panel installer. The latter is significantly lower, as might be guessed.

That map prompted me to compare the salary of a coal miner with a solar panel installer. The latter is significantly lower, as might be guessed.

False. It's definitely the foreign brown people's fault.

Got a good laugh out of OH and GA.

Back