• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Awesome Map Thread

Movie production left NC when the tax breaks dried up, not due to HB2

Movie production left NC when the tax breaks dried up, not due to HB2
It's both. Quite a few production companies publicly stated they didn't consider NC after the bill, and the incentives ending lost as many if not more. It's a shame too, Wilmington in the 90s was buzzing.

They were grandstanding. Movies are cheaper to make in Georgia and Louisiana than in North Carolina. Case closed.

It's both. Quite a few production companies publicly stated they didn't consider NC after the bill, and the incentives ending lost as many if not more. It's a shame too, Wilmington in the 90s was buzzing.

They’ll always have Matlock.

Didn't the incentives end and the industry start heading to GA back in 2014, well before HB2?

DzNhzQTX4AUPugn.jpg

Dear God, hope you got the letter
And I pray you can make it better
Down here
I don't mean a big reduction in the price of beer

Not sure what's up with the other states that charge a ton, but I know Tennessee has inflated sales taxes (the highest in the country at %9.46) because there is no state income tax.

a 10% sales tax isn't much higher than most other states. NC is 5%. So a case of beer that costs $15 in NC would be $15.75; $15 in TN would be $16.50. Def not the difference.

Back