• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Awesome Map Thread

So you're saying you know everything on Hillary Clinton's Wikipedia entry ?

No. I’m saying I wouldn’t need to know much more about a person whose real life has consistently been on my TV for the last 30 years compared a person whose fake life has been on TV and movies.

I use Wikipedia to find out what people have done in their careers. I use it much more for actors and other artists than for politicians. A filmography or discography is harder to remember than political positions

Joseph Seligman (November 22, 1819 – April 25, 1880) was an American banker and businessman who founded J. & W. Seligman & Co. He was the patriarch of what became known as the Seligman family in USA and was subsequently related to the wealthy Guggenheim family through Peggy Guggenheim's mother Florette[1]

Apparently, this is the most Wikipedia'd person associated with Jim Thorpe, PA.

Apparently Wyatt Earp was born in Wichita, Dodge City and Ellsworth, Kansas. That must have been one hell of a birth.

And he also shows up in Tonopah, Nevada. lol

And Deadwood, South Dakota.

Last edited:
well I'll be damned

Accounts vary of when the family came to Delaware and just how long Bob Marley lived here full-time – from a few months to many years. By some reports, Cedella moved here in 1962, after her son had begun recording as a teen with The Wailers, but he moved back in the mid-1960s to resume his music.

When he returned and is said to have stayed longer, he worked at the Chrysler Assembly Plant in Newark, where fans bemoan the lack of a sign or other formal tribute. "Night Shift," which he wrote in 1976, is said to have been inspired by his forklift driving job in Chrysler's parts warehouse. He also worked as a DuPont Co. lab assistant, but is said to have been paid under the name of Donald Marley.

Even the family's foundation avoids specifying his Delaware time, saying he lived here "off and on from 1965 to 1977," News Journal files say.

Marley's son Stephen was born in Wilmington in 1972. He and siblings lived with Marley's mom, went to city schools and stayed with her when he toured.

https://eu.delawareonline.com/story...delaware-backstory-lovin-bob-marley/29753145/

So Samuel L Jackson is the most wikipedia'd person with a connection to DC? Ima go ahead and call bullshit on that.

David Allan coe is listed for my hometown which is interesting because he was not born there, never lived there, and probably never set foot in the city limits.

Sutton Foster beat out both the Allman Brothers and John Rocker for Statesboro? I call bullshit.

I don’t think the Allmans ever lived there? Statesboro Blues is a Taj Mahal cover.

University of Delaware now owns the former Chrysler Assembly Plant. It is their "STAR" (Science, Technology and Research) campus. The former parts warehouse is now a parking lot. The building is gone, as is much of the former assembly plant. Only the front administrative building remains.

If you feel strongly about a Marley recognition there, send a petition to the University of Delaware.

BoldBiodegradableBlackfly-small.gif

Back