• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Awesome Map Thread

are they just listing the capital cities of countries? because ain't no way you're finding much beer for $4.75 in DC.

How cool would it be if Hungary was an island in the middle of the Atlantic ?

Sounds like a beer tour of Prague, Sarajevo, Vienna and Budapest would be very reasonable.

Went to Prague for a few days after the wall was toppled. Eastern Europe was obscenely cheap then. And we drank a lot of cheap and tasty beer in Prague. You could even get beer in the train stations in the a.m. on your way to work. Was probably my favorite city in Europe and 1 of the prettiest.

at a bar or at the store?

ah was just glancing on my phone so didn't see the methodology. I assumed it was average pint cost at a bar.

that's probably accurate, though hotel lobby bars are surely very expensive if in downtown DC.

ah was just glancing on my phone so didn't see the methodology. I assumed it was average pint cost at a bar.

that's probably accurate, though hotel lobby bars are surely very expensive if in downtown DC.

The map says for 330 ml bottle. So 12 oz. Gotta average all the 12 oz Natty Bo's and Red White and Blue that the kids in College Park drink by the case in with those microbrews so popular on here.

There were more of these...

2-How-Much-Do-People-Spend-Map-avg-spend.jpg

that business about upper montclair vs cedar grove got me thinking. I recall a number of times thinking that Trump voters often voted against their own self-interest, but the blue households in upper montclair clearly did the same (as did I). I think the difference is that it feels (to me) more "noble" to agree to give up tax dollars to benefit our country and our future.....but trump voters probably feel the same way. They might respond, "I'm giving up government benefits because it's not right for the government to give stuff away that people have earned."

50 pct Dems - 48 pct Pubs - 2% Indep for my address. Kind of surprised the independent pct wasn't higher.

As I understand their stated methodology, many unaffiliated voters were assigned a party based on voting patterns…both theirs and their precinct’s.

So it’s an estimate based on some voting data, not how you and your neighbors are merely registered.

Last edited:
73% Republican, 19% Democrat, 8% Independent (Me)

It's impossible for a Democrat to win any local city or county wide elections, and my legislative districts, while more competitive, tend to be Republican as well.

Back