• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Awesome Map Thread

85% D, 7% I and 8% R in the People's Republic of Cville, as it's known in Richmond. Shocking.

53% pub, 45% dem. Lot of old fart white guys around here that are slowly moving away.

E0jxFRHX0AAfvH6

Charlotte belongs on a list that has Seattle and Newark as top BBQ cities. I will allow Miami because I bet there is a ton of great barbacoa going on.

I think the bigger takeaway from that map is that you should never use TripAdvisor to find a good restaurant.

Charlotte belongs on a list that has Seattle and Newark as top BBQ cities. I will allow Miami because I bet there is a ton of great barbacoa going on.

Miami isn't known for its Mexican food.

I think the bigger takeaway from that map is that you should never use TripAdvisor to find a good restaurant.

Yeah. Probably a lot of ratings from tourists who are uncritical about BBQ. I'm also curious what qualifies as "BBQ" on TripAdvisor.

Here are some quotes from the "top" BBQ restaurants in Miami.
https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurants-g34438-c6-Miami_Florida.html

#2 La Parilla Liberty - Italian, Steakhouse
“Big Disapointment”

“Just average”

#6 Hometown Bbq - American, Barbecue

Not Eastern Carolina style but very good”

“Fake BBQ, overpriced”

#8 Gyu-Kaku Japanese BBQ

“You cook the food yourself!”

“Good value”

#10 Grill Argentino - Latin, Barbecue

“Want to try the worst food in Miami? Come...”

“YUMMY”

I posted that because I was inspired by RJKarl's list of great Charleston restaurants from TripAdvisor.

confused - mediocre bbq is not worth eating?

i feel like medicore bbq is just regular meat

confused - mediocre bbq is not worth eating?

i feel like medicore bbq is just regular meat

Meat is good in itself. If BBQ mediocre, the sauce is off or the meat isn’t cooked right. It’s meh. Meat has a good starting point so mediocre is a step down.

“Carolina Style” is definitely a red flag. I’ve been one place that had NC style and SC style that wasn’t in either. Can’t remember where though.

Back