• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Awesome Map Thread

I did not realize that USA and Australia were basically the same size. To think that all but the coastal parts of Australia are desert is just mind-blowing. Imagine a desert from California to NC.

The difference in size between Australia and China is basically Alaska and Hawaii.

The fact that Brazil covers nearly half of South America, has been around for nearly 200 years, and has remained intact the whole time blows my mind.

Surprising how small India looks and how large Brazil looks. Chile is so strange.

It would be cool to see a similar map, but with the natural borders highlighted. Chile looked at the Andes and was like "fuck it, we're setting up shop here."

These 6 areas in the US have roughly the same GDP as California
Ea3eY-FX0AkR19y.jpg

Last edited:
These 5 areas in Europe (and its surroundings) have roughly the same GDP as Germany
Ea4deuUXYAcMiCo.jpg

Temperature comparatives:

o5lxmyw8pb951.jpg

Last edited:
This is great. Among the surprises for me were how big Antarctica is, that the US (all 50) is so close in size to China, and that the lower 48 and Australia are so close in size.

Close in size to China - can you imagine how much worse our corona spread would be if we packed another 1.4 billion people in here?

Back