• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Awesome Map Thread

563a7c38-5ab0-4b0f-9fc5-5812166a54f7_1.60cee6ba5e9e2f11a25f6ac401867eff.jpeg

Last edited:
I'm surprised Nashville is not up there. A large portion of the population has moved there in the last 5 years or so, and it seems like nobody knows where they're going. Add onto that a lack of infrastructure to handle the growth and an overly-convoluted highway system that requires constant merging and exiting and you just have a mess.

Last edited:
Not a map, but list of places...cities with best and worst drivers
https://clark.com/cars/best-worst-drivers-america/

The worst part is that cities with the worst drivers insist they are the best. Tell that to the insurance companies.

Best drivers are places with giant-ass roads and tons of space. Worst drivers are in old-ass cities that evolved before the car was a thing - other than the ones in CA. It's almost like the infrastructure has a role to play.

It's the Maryland drivers that make driving in DC so bad

Baltimore drivers are maybe the most aggressive and dickish I've ever seen. It was always the most exhausting drive back from Raleigh when, after a few hours in NC and VA, you have to deal with DC and MD traffic

Most bad drivers in my experience fall into one of two categories-inattentive or aggressive. Miami consistently has the worst of both of these worlds.

no way this is true. In order for this to be true, you'd need to use one standard bottle of ketchup per week.

One of my friends does just that for 1 of her kids. He's now 13 and since before age 2 has wanted ketchup on everything. Kinda disgusting to watch.

One of my friends does just that for 1 of her kids. He's now 13 and since before age 2 has wanted ketchup on everything. Kinda disgusting to watch.

Keeping the insulin people employed with all that diabetes.

city-street-network-polar-histograms-entropy.jpg

So, who’s got a grid and who doesn’t? Each of the cities is represented by a polar histogram (aka rose diagram) depicting how its streets orient. Each bar’s direction represents the compass bearings of the streets (in that histogram bin) and its length represents the relative frequency of streets with those bearings. Here they are sorted from most-ordered/gridded city (Chicago) to most-disordered (Charlotte).

I think we discussed this map a few pages ago, but I really can't believe Atlanta is correct. I have lived for 20 years in each of Atlanta and Charlotte, and there's no way that they are this different. Only thing that I can figure that could make this accurate is if it's only based on the city limits proper. Since Atlanta is very small, that MIGHT explain it.

there's no way this is taken on the same "scale" for all cities. Atlanta has more hills and creeks than charlotte. Other than Manhattan, these can only be accurate for the downtown business district.

type atlanta into the search box and you get a much different result.

here's the original time i bitched about this map.

There needs to be a way for the DC image to account for the traffic circles, considering how much they fuck everything up.

Back