• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Awesome Map Thread

Burgoo is just stew.

Yeah, but it’s the more infamous Kentucky food because it has a reputation for having “mutton” in it? I don’t know about that - every time I’ve had it it’s just like Brunswick stew, maybe a little thinner. Pretty sure I had Burgoo with rabbit in it once? People just put random meat in there.

Lamb fries sounds amazing.

ETA: I googled them and they no longer sound amazing.

Wisconsin should be the Cannibal Sandwich. It’s raw hamburger and onion. A butter burger is just a burger served at Culver’s.

Is livermush really that weird? They serve brains at most of the local cafes around here. That seems a little odder.

Is livermush really that weird? They serve brains at most of the local cafes around here. That seems a little odder.

I know where to get brains in Raleigh (it's notoriously on the Big Ed's menu), but I never see livermush. I think livermush is mostly limited to the western half of the state, right?

Soup beans (with hot water cornbread) was my favorite meal growing up in Kentucky. They actually are not that different from charro beans. Just a little creamier with no spice.

Reminds me in my first trip to the south. My colleague picked me up and took me to breakfast and ordered me brains and eggs. Swear I’ve never been the same since.

Lamb fries sounds amazing.

ETA: I googled them and they no longer sound amazing.

Yeah. It seemed simple. I knew their had to be a catch and there was.

Reminds me in my first trip to the south. My colleague picked me up and took me to breakfast and ordered me brains and eggs. Swear I’ve never been the same since.

One of our old late night haunts was the Akron Drive Diner when I was at Wake, and they served brains and eggs.

one time I went to a party held by the Montana State Society in DC called the Testie Festie where they served Rocky Mountain Oysters in various forms. Crown Royal and High Life were the sponsors so plenty of classy drinking. Verdict? Not bad! Kinda like a chicken nugget.

"It can hang on my balls" and "It can oxidize on my ass" have now entered my vocabulary.

"I don't give a frostbitten onion" will be used around more sensitive company.

What's going on in the Aegean causing so much dick pain?

61e1b6102000001e8a8d730b.png

61e1b778210000a13e703cae.png

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/most-popular-hot-sauce-each-state_l_61e1accfe4b0c6802ee6302c/amp

Back