• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Almost got in a fight last night

'Murica

Reaction score
Last night I had the strangest thing happen. After my shift at the grocery store ended, I'm walking to my car in the far reaches of the parking lot, and this dude parks his late 90s Acura and starts walking to me. The whole situation felt weird from the start. Why would he park so far away from the store when there's nobody else in the parking lot, especially since he's driving a POS Acura? It didn't make any sense whatsoever. I immediately wonder if he's planning on robbing the place and debate calling my manager. He's a big guy, probably outweighing me by a good 40 pounds, and had an angry look about him. He's walking straight at me, and then starts angrily texting something on his phone. I figured he must have had a rough day in middle management, and saw an opportunity to try out my newly learned public relations techniques I learned at the community college. As he approached, I cordially extended my hand and asked him "how you doing today?" He gives me a strange look and responds "I dont know you, and I'm not going to shake your hand. What the hell do you want?" I'm just trying to make the guy feel better and he wigs out on me. We definitely didn't go over this scenario in class. At this point, I don't know what to do.

We awkwardly stare at each other for a few seconds, then both turn to walk away. I get a few steps away and see that someone had dropped a pumpkin in the parking lot and didn't clean it up, so I say under my breath "ewww, pumpkin fragments". He then turns around and even more angrily walks up to me asking "what the fuck did you say? I bet you won't say it again!" I blankly stare at him, trying to figure out why he'd be so hostile over a dropped pumpkin. Meanwhile he's getting angrier and angrier, and bows up like he's going to step. I'm just a 99 lb weakling, this guy would crush me in a heartbeat, so my next move is to try and lighten the mood. I asked him "you think this is fun?". He's standing there as defiant as ever. Just then, I see a few coworkers walking out of the store. Knowing they'd have my back if he punched me, I said to him "if you throw a punch you'll never throw another punch again". After a few moments, the guy backs down and I walk off, thinking I just avoided a beatdown.

He then goes in the store, so I'm instantly fearing for my coworkers still in the store's lives. As I walk by his car, I take a pic of his plate with my phone, and then I run to the next store over and ask their manager to call the cops. 911 tells us to stay away from the guy and wait for the cops to arrive. My buddies and I are standing in the parking lot when the guy walks back out to his car carrying his groceries acting like nothing happened. As he's pulling out, a couple cops arrive and take our statements. The cops were really nice and told us there were reports and other sightings and incidents all around town, and thanked us for such a detailed statement and the plate photo. They promised once they had enough effidence, they'd send him away to a federal pound me in the ass prison.

What would you have done? I think I did everything right, but if I'd let him kick my ass would it have prevented him from doing it to someone else? I don't wish any ill will upon him, mostly I just want him to get help. He's obviously got some anger issues, and being a Wake fan, I'm completely sympathetic.

"pumpkin fragments"

:rofl::rofl:

That guy must have been a real alpha male!

Been a crappy day at work, this just made my Friday! :thumbsup:

He worked a 99 lb weakling comment in there, but it had way too much thought put into it to be moonz.

Back