• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Triad restaurant comings, goings and recs

Wife wants to go out to a nice bar soon. All the ones I like are dives. Any recs?

My wife and I enjoy Tate's. Pricey, but very good drinks. It is usually empty or mostly empty when we go, so not sure if that is a plus or not.

My wife and I enjoy Tate's. Pricey, but very good drinks. It is usually empty or mostly empty when we go, so not sure if that is a plus or not.

Where's Tate's? I don't know it.

All of this came up because I want to go hang out and The Pour House this weekend and she's tired of places like it.

I liked Gia the few times we have been there. Pricey, but nice atmosphere (we sat in one of the reading nooks when Matt and I went)

Tate's is on 4th next to the Honey Pot and across the street from Downtown Thai. No TVs and live music only once in a while, but if you want to sit down with some company and some cocktails, it's good for that. They have a little bit of outside seating also.

you must not go on weekend nights, I feel like it's always overflowing.

There's a new place coming to the old Pig Pickin's location out Reynolda Road. I think the sign said Cody's Steakhouse is coming soon. Don't know anything about it at this point.

Also in northern Forsyth, Thai Sawatdee (the first location here was in the Cloverdale Harris Teeter) is coming to the former Mac & Nelly's location at Robinhood and Meadowlark.

Went to pintxos pour house last weekend and was not at all impressed. Mediocre food and terrible white trash service.

I went to Opera House around this time last year and the bartender told me that was no longer the bar of choice for Wake students on Thursdays.

Is that pretty much the last place standing over there, other than Red Hot & Blue, which really wouldn't count as a late-night place for students.

That area is a bit like Baghdad but Wellman told us that it would be a budding cultural mecca.

Is that pretty much the last place standing over there, other than Red Hot & Blue, which really wouldn't count as a late-night place for students.

Pretty much. I wasnt an undergrad but from what I could tell most students went to Last Resort on Thursdays and for the most post part stuck to house parties on the weekend. There were some that went downtown to Finnegans or other places on 4th. Wednesday at Tates is always packed with students because its half priced whiskey. The times I went to Opera House it was mostly townies.

Been informed that Burger Spot opened a new location on Guilford College Rd, across the street from the Sheets.

Back