• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Triad restaurant comings, goings and recs

Give me your Winston-Salem Diner recommendations, please.

Also, do not recommend Billy Bob's Shit Diner - thanks.

There really aren’t any good diners in WS, which is pretty weird for a city of its size.

Carolina’s Diner in Greensboro and High Point is pretty good. Tom’s Place in High Point is good as well.

Not aware of many W-S diners.

What's wrong with Billy Bobs? We went a few weeks ago and it seemed not bad.

I eat Cagney's whenever I want breakfast for lunch.
They seem to have bought Olde Orchard in the south part of town, which was my joint when I lived in that area.

not sure if it really meets the requirements of a diner, but Steven's out towards the end of Peters Creek & Arcadia is delicious.

Duke’s isn’t a diner, it’s a broccoli and cheese casserole place that serves other food too.

Trade St. Diner where Sweet Potatoes used to be isn't really a diner, either. Full bar. Interesting concept.

Porch and Hoots owners are collaborating on new market, restaurant downtown

The business is a new venture by Claire Calvin, the owner of The Porch Kitchen and Cantina, and Eric Swaim, a partner in Hoots Roller Bar and Hoots Beer Co. Calvin and Swaim opened their other businesses next door in West End Millworks about four years ago, but this is their first venture together.

Canteen will be open for lunch and dinner. It will be a combination of specialty market, deli , bar and sit-down restaurant.

Back