• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Triad restaurant comings, goings and recs

Greensboro peeps - went to Fat Dog's in its new location at corner of Spring Garden and Holden yesterday. Bratwurst was solid and homemade potato salad was very good. They have made the inside a lot nicer/makes more sense than the old layout when it was JP Looney's and whatever was before that.

I used to house wings at JP Looneys on Thursday nights.

Good to see that something finally moved in.

Not triad related but I need to set up a lunch tomorrow somewhere around CLT off of 85. Anyone have any good recs that are farther south than Concord area relatively close off of 85?

Not triad related but I need to set up a lunch tomorrow somewhere around CLT off of 85. Anyone have any good recs that are farther south than Concord area relatively close off of 85?

Any more details? Price? Business lunch or friends?

I don't have many good recs besides chain places on 85 South of Concord. If you want to go into or near uptown, I have quite a few, and I'm sure other's do.

Razoos in concord, good cajun food. Yes its a chain like everything else right there.

Alma Mexicana opens Wednesday at Bailey Park. Same owner as The Porch. I tried it during a soft opening Friday. Neat place. I had a Burrito that was very good and filling but had nothing with it and at $13 would be considered pricey.

Know it's been open for a while but made it to the new Natty Greene's at Revolution Mill a couple times recently - it's a cool spot with good food.

Know it's been open for a while but made it to the new Natty Greene's at Revolution Mill a couple times recently - it's a cool spot with good food.

good hear, i went once and liked it but I think they took some rocky early reviews on Yelp and stuff. I think/hope they've worked the kinks out now. The space is amazing.

New Mexican place opening soon in front of Putters. Corner of University and Deacon Blvd.

Back