• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Triad restaurant comings, goings and recs

So my daughter has a soccer tournament in the Dash next week . Thoughts on good spots for a large group of 30? We tried Firebird but they are being dicks.

So my daughter has a soccer tournament in the Dash next week . Thoughts on good spots for a large group of 30? We tried Firebird but they are being dicks.

That level of dining i would think village tavern could handle you on the patio. If interested in stepping down a notch check camel city bbq. They have an arcade area as well they might like after dinner.

That level of dining i would think village tavern could handle you on the patio. If interested in stepping down a notch check camel city bbq. They have an arcade area as well they might like after dinner.

We booked at Camel City BBQ for Saturday. Anyone have any other ideas for Friday? Hotel said Carabbas or 66 Pizzaria or Carolina Brew Pub. They all look underwhelming. Does Diamondback have a private room? Thanks.

We booked at Camel City BBQ for Saturday. Anyone have any other ideas for Friday? Hotel said Carabbas or 66 Pizzaria or Carolina Brew Pub. They all look underwhelming. Does Diamondback have a private room? Thanks.

Diamondback has two sides but not a private room(restaurant vs bar). Did make me think of River Birch Lodge. They have a private room and similar food to DB.

Old Big Shotz location in Clemmons is getting a new tenant. Can't remember the name, but I think its a steakhouse of some sort.

Last edited:
Three Bulls American Steakhouse. Supposedly same folks own Fratelli’s.

Yep, this.

Apparently River Ridge Tap House, which was previously in that place, had some sketchy stuff go down. Carbon poisoning being the main factor to closing.

What's the word on the High Point Burger Batch? The missus and I tried to go a couple of weeks ago but decided a 45 minute wait wasn't for us that night.

Wife and I went for a Sunday lunch and went halfsies on a couple burgers. Good but not as good as BBS or Hops imo.

beef burger in greensboro has fallen apart. Ralph isn't there anymore, and all the old time workers are gone too. Its a shame.

O'Brien's in downtown Winston closed up shop yesterday. Keeping the Country Club location open. IMO their menu was too expensive to be a daily lunch spot and to compete with Jimmy John's next door.

O'Brien's in downtown Winston closed up shop yesterday. Keeping the Country Club location open. IMO their menu was too expensive to be a daily lunch spot and to compete with Jimmy John's next door.

Wow! That didn't last long. Was it even open a year?

Agreed, while the quality is obviously better than Jimmy John's, spending $11 for the Rueben after tax, and then a couple bucks for for side and drink was too much, but I am kinda cheap.

Oh, and the Subway on 4th closed too and consolidated with the one on 3rd, not that I went there much but was an easy quick option. Waldo's cannot open soon enough.

What's the word on the High Point Burger Batch? The missus and I tried to go a couple of weeks ago but decided a 45 minute wait wasn't for us that night.

Its alright,not the best by any means. Burgers were good, fries were not. Shake was crazy fun, beer was expensive. 60 bucks for a dinner for 2 on a Tuesday night.

I think their fries a pretty good. BM has it right though, Batch isn't as good as Hops or BBS.

Back