• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Triad restaurant comings, goings and recs

New Biscuitville coming to Parkway Plaza corner of Peters/Silas creeks. Outdated one across from FTCC will close when now one opens

I've met the owner. A friend of mine is good friends with him. Other than the mechanical trades, the owner and his family did all the work themselves at both locations.

I've met the owner. A friend of mine is good friends with him. Other than the mechanical trades, the owner and his family did all the work themselves at both locations.

The floor in the place in High Point is almost worth the trip itself - it's almost entirely covered with pennies.

RIP First Street and the Southern Stilton Burger.

This was soul crushing when I found out yesterday. Hopefully Santos, Jason and the rest of the bartenders end up at another good spot in town.

I feel bad for a handful of the local yokels that go there every day.

RIP First Street. You never disappointed me.

Very sad. I always loved that place. When did we lose Twin City Diner across the street? That was the only place my family ate out when I was really young

This place is great. Cool spot, excellent food.

Apparently, they've been slammed since opening, and they were very busy when I went. The connected downside is service was slow as they continue to find their groove.

Agreed, it’s really good. The night I went it was busy but the service was excellent.

It was Spring Garden when I started my 21st birthday there. R&T was already closed, but we finished at The Curve.

I enjoyed First Street Bar and Grill and The Rose and Thistle from ‘84-‘88. Then I left W-S for about 20 years.

Several other places from those days I’ve missed since returning. Michael’s (in an old millionaire’s row house in West End). Rainbow News, etc.

But there’s been more new to enjoy than old to miss.

Don't remember the name but there's a small ramen spot in the Super G shopping center on Market that's pretty good. Need to get back over there.

I enjoyed First Street Bar and Grill and The Rose and Thistle from ‘84-‘88. Then I left W-S for about 20 years.

Several other places from those days I’ve missed since returning. Michael’s (in an old millionaire’s row house in West End). Rainbow News, etc.

But there’s been more new to enjoy than old to miss.

Didn't the Rose and Thistle relocate or re-open for a few years over in the shopping center across the street from the Waldo's shopping center?

Back