• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Triad restaurant comings, goings and recs

The one in GSO had the worst management I’ve ever seen. Just painfully slow and often unprepared at opening time. Sucks cause I like their sandys and salads.

The one on Hanes Mall Blvd had the same problems. Never had enough staff working to handle the orders. The place did have great milkshakes

Huh... must all be one franchise.

High Point is still open.

Prices are fine, the subs are like $7-$8. It is a little odd because i feel like they are making a sandwich like I would at home, not that it is done in a restaurant. That sounds stupid, but you will know what I am talking about if you go. On that "7 napkin" deal they put so much meat and cheese on there that I am not sure how they make any money.

Went today for lunch, and you hit the nail on the head with your description. 24 slices of meat and 16 slices of cheese on that seven napkin is a big-ass sandwich.

I also thought it was random that it was a few old people running the joint. It's like three retirees randomly decided to spend their twilight years making hoagies, and they were all making the sandwich together, not assembly-line style. None of them were named Gloria. Pretty comical now that I reflect back on it.

Went today for lunch, and you hit the nail on the head with your description. 24 slices of meat and 16 slices of cheese on that seven napkin is a big-ass sandwich.

I also thought it was random that it was a few old people running the joint. It's like three retirees randomly decided to spend their twilight years making hoagies, and they were all making the sandwich together, not assembly-line style. None of them were named Gloria. Pretty comical now that I reflect back on it.

Was it a good sandwich?

Took the wife to Bia's Gourmet Hardware last night in Asheboro. Had an excellent meal, would recommend for an upscale dinner, especially in Asheboro.

Asheboro also has The Table, which is fantastic brunch.

Dined at Crafted on Saturday night, it was pretty solid. Different take on tacos. Our group enjoyed it. My bigger takeaway is how much more lively that area of downtown is. I'm very impressed with the numerous bars and restaurants that were littered with people all evening. Definitely going to make my inevitable move back to Winston easier.

Tried Mystic Ginger again and I’m done with them. There were 8 people including us there and it took 45 minutes for our food to arrive. The server then explained that the reason the food was taking so long was because of the dish my fiancée ordered, WHICH WASNT EVEN THE DISH SHE ORDERED. I have a ton of contacts in the industry here and they all say that it’s a mess. They apparently had a good staff when they opened but they’ve burned through them already and there aren’t a lot of good cooks in Winston willing to work for management like that. I’d be stunned if they were open in 2020 barring drastic changes.

On a better note, the Nawab lunch buffet is still the best deal in town.

Canteen Market and Bistro is amazing. Went for dinner last weekend and cannot wait to go back. Highly recommend.

Tried Mystic Ginger again and I’m done with them. There were 8 people including us there and it took 45 minutes for our food to arrive. The server then explained that the reason the food was taking so long was because of the dish my fiancée ordered, WHICH WASNT EVEN THE DISH SHE ORDERED. I have a ton of contacts in the industry here and they all say that it’s a mess. They apparently had a good staff when they opened but they’ve burned through them already and there aren’t a lot of good cooks in Winston willing to work for management like that. I’d be stunned if they were open in 2020 barring drastic changes.

On a better note, the Nawab lunch buffet is still the best deal in town.

I am sort of disappointed. I completely agree with you. I feel as though the food is top notch but I walked by there during peak lunch hours the other day and the place was completely empty. That is a terrible sign for a restaurant downtown.

You cannot have a spot like that for lunch during the work day because it takes almost an hour to get your food.

I just spit my coffee when I read "the food is top notch".

Anyone know anything about the Ramen place that is opening somewhere "In Innovation Quarter"? I'm wondering if it's going in the new apts/garage building.

Canteen Market and Bistro is amazing. Went for dinner last weekend and cannot wait to go back. Highly recommend.

Went for lunch this past weekend, and I thought it was good, but not great. Cool atmosphere. SBTtoy ordered the asian noodles/meatballs, and the meatballs were dry. I ordered the media noche which was again was good but not great. Their salt & malt fries were killer, though. Would definitely enjoy those again.

I will go back again, but it didn't give me the wow factor on the first go

Yes, new redevelopment of all the old warehouses and factories behind the ramkat. Another brewery is planned back there I believe.

Back