• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Triad restaurant comings, goings and recs

and Hoots opening up another spot in the Test Pattern/Luna Lounge/Elliots Revue spot at the corner of Trade/7th

How many breweries downtown can WS support?

I dunno. I’m all for more breweries but some of these are going to start failing soon. I do love them since I’m pretty sure I’m an old now and prefer day drinking to hanging out in bars until two.

For the first 150 years of our nation's existence many, perhaps at times even most restaurants/taverns/pubs were also breweries and often distillers. The idea of getting your alcohol from a gigantic industrial brewer didn't really exist until after prohibition. The breweries are not even close to saturating the market - they are just taking market share from non-brewery restaurants and from mega-brewers like InBev and SABMiller.
Domestic-Sales-Infographic.jpg

and an axe throwing bar next door opening later this fall

Axe throwing plus booze - what could possibly go wrong? Maybe I am just an old, but the fact that this is a thing around the country blows my mind.

The day after I read about that place, I saw two friends post videos throwing axes at bars in Des Moines and Orlando. Looks like fun.

Gonna be in the Dash tonight and tomorrow for Homecoming (20 years goes by fast). What's a great breakfast place for tomorrow morning?

Gonna be in the Dash tonight and tomorrow for Homecoming (20 years goes by fast). What's a great breakfast place for tomorrow morning?

Breakfast of Course is the usual rec. However, Krankies has a fantastic brunch and is my usual go-to (smaller menu, but the a damn good texas pete + honey fried chicken biscuit)

Breakfast of Course is the usual rec. However, Krankies has a fantastic brunch and is my usual go-to (smaller menu, but the a damn good texas pete + honey fried chicken biscuit)

Second this. Trade St. Diner (where Sweet Potatoes was before it moved down the street) is also good. Be prepared to wait if you want to eat at Mary's BofC.

Best pancakes: Arthur's at the corner of Hawthorne and Knollwood

If you're looking for just a solid, standard breakfast, Cloverdale Kitchen is a great choice.

However, if you haven't been to Krankie's or Mary's, go to one of those.

Is Jimmy the Greek still good? Back in the day I'd alternate Sundays between Jimmy's and Bell Brothers (RIP).

Skip the restaurant breakfast and tailgate instead!

Real talk: fuck a Noon start for Homecoming. Such bullshit.

Have to put a plug in for my friend's new restaurant in High Point - Sweet Old Bill's (i.e. SOB's, tag line: Burgers, Que and Brew). It's located on Main Street, right next to Brown Truck Brewery. Good selection of smoked meats (chicken, brisket, St. Louis style ribs, pulled pork) and burgers, good beer selection (including two rotating selections from the neighbor), unique apps and side items and a really cool atmosphere. Just opened Tuesday. Check it out!

Back