• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Triad restaurant comings, goings and recs

I'll plug Jaribu in GSO. They do traditional Jamaican and Kenyan dishes.

I would recommend the curry goat (get it spicy) with Kenyan fufu.

went to that new place Savor on Saturday night.

The owner/chef kept coming to talk to all the tables which I find annoying as shit but the look on his face was pretty funny when we had to send back a pasta dish because they forgot to put the pasta in it. Just veggies and sauce, no bowties. Maybe spend less time yapping and get your kitchen in order.

Food was mediocre, probably won't be back.

Mundo Global Tapas at the Stevens Center has closed and will open as a new concept in a month or so.

Mundo Global Tapas at the Stevens Center has closed and will open as a new concept in a month or so.

My wife and I went once. I think it was pretty good, but I don't really remember. Probably why it closed.

Here's a link to the W-SJ's Mundo Tapas story:

http://www.journalnow.com/home_food...cle_af4e071c-1156-11e4-8676-0017a43b2370.html

There's not a decent French restaurant in town that I'm aware of, so maybe they've hit on something that could work. I hope so. Muck is married to Audrey Fannin, who has done good things for WFU in their news department and at WFDD.

Haha, there used to be! In the same location, back in the 90s, there was Cafe Piaf.

It was supposed to be the location of the first date with my now wife... before I found out it was closed.

I remember Cafe Piaf - went there once or twice before catching a play. They had a relatively long run compared to some of the others that have followed.

Also, speaking of French, I regret never trying La Chaudiere {sp?} in Reynolda Village.

Never been a fan of Indian food either, and I like pretty much all ethnic food.

Here's the note from the owners of the former Mundo in the Steven's Center:

When one door closes, another one opens.
Mundo Global Tapas is closed; Augustine's Bistro will open
Tues., Aug. 5th
www.augustinesbistro.com
We'd like to thank all our customers, friends, family and staff for supporting Mundo Global Tapas. Unfortunately, Mundo was not sustainable as a business. We hope you will think fondly of our time together!
We are opening Augustine's Bistro on Tuesday, August 5th, still next door to the Stevens Center for the Performing Arts in downtown Winston-Salem. Augustine's is named after the father of owner and chef, Eric Muck. It will feature French country cooking along with American favorites. Some of your favorites from Mundo will still be available.
Any Mundo gift cards and coupons still in circulation will be honored at Augustine's. Visit our website or a special offer for trying Augustine's Bistro in the coming month!
Thanks again, and we hope to see you soon!
Eric and Audrey Muck

Hny Pot Bison Skirt Steak, fried plaintains, mashed yucca, and avocado is the truth, fo sho

getfile.php

TEDDY MF G'S

Last edited:
Back