Page 133 of 152 FirstFirst ... 3383123128129130131132133134135136137138143 ... LastLast
Results 2,641 to 2,660 of 3037

Thread: Triad restaurant comings, goings and recs

Quote Originally Posted by tvcigar View Post
    My favorite pizza joint in High Point closed. Marrozzi's at the Palladium is no longer open. My guess is Mario's finally did them in. Very sad. Went to the new thai joint in the Palladium which was pretty good, but not better than Thai Ming Chai up on 68
    Have you been to The Basil Leaf over by Duck Donuts? Been a couple times and thought it was good. The atmosphere is a lot more open and brighter than most Thai places.

Quote Originally Posted by TripleDeacon View Post
    Have you been to The Basil Leaf over by Duck Donuts? Been a couple times and thought it was good. The atmosphere is a lot more open and brighter than most Thai places.
    I've been (I think I posed earlier about it in this thread). It's pretty damn cool. They didn't have Phad King (ginger) on the menu, but we asked for it and they made it. Really great vibe in the restaurant after dark.

Quote Originally Posted by WakeBDer View Post
    Went to Campus Gas a couple of days ago. I really like the interior and can tell it's gonna be a spot I'll visit often. I got their hot dog. I liked the Carolina dog and also tried a hot dog with pimento cheese. They have beer and wine for sale out of coolers.

They are still putting finishing touches on the space and getting the final menu together but it's definitely worth a stop.
    I was surprised at their [already] extensive beer selection. The space is very cool. For me, the pimento cheese dog was A+, but the Carolina dog was nothing special.

It'll make the way into the lunch rotation, and will be nice before soccer matches.

Right down the street from my office. Will check it out. I like the one in WS

Order it "Indian Spicy" and report back

Quote Originally Posted by BWELLS21 View Post
    I like Nawab, but I don't think it is spicy at all. Although, I may have just burnt out my insides over the years
    Iíve recently discovered Indian food so I could be unaccustomed to the heat. I got the vindaloo a few trips ago and it was so spicy that it was right on the line of being inedible. Having said that, I still crushed it.

Quote Originally Posted by tvcigar View Post
    My favorite pizza joint in High Point closed. Marrozzi's at the Palladium is no longer open. My guess is Mario's finally did them in. Very sad. Went to the new thai joint in the Palladium which was pretty good, but not better than Thai Ming Chai up on 68
    I like Marioís better. Not sure how Marrozziís didnít do better. They have one thing Marioís doesnít, delivery.

Sweet Old Billís in HP is pretty fantastic. Went there last weekend for the first time.

Ate at Earl's last night. Cool place. Good liquor selection and live music. we got the pork chop and chicken and dumplings which were both good.

Steve Lepore
    As we drove to Capolla's yesterday afternoon, my wife said we should have gone to the Basil Leaf. She has been for lunch and liked it alot.

Went to Earls last night, pretty cool atmosphere and good service. If I werenít a Slappyís disciple I would say they have the best chicken in Winston. I like how the spice comes from the actual chicken and not just the breading and seasoning. The collards were perfect as well. Look forward to trying their other menu items soon.
    beer and titties

Robert O'Kelley
    I don't know if I'm deficient in some vitamin, but I crave collards all the damn time.

Quote Originally Posted by dot com View Post
    I don't know if I'm deficient in some vitamin, but I crave collards all the damn time.
    It's because they are fucking delicious. I was in Rockingham a few weeks ago and went to this place "downtown" called Pattan's. Holy shit, best collards I've ever had. Spicy as hell, lots of cayenne.

Robert O'Kelley
    Bookmarked.

Quote Originally Posted by Grabs Turds Bare View Post
    It's because they are fucking delicious. I was in Rockingham a few weeks ago and went to this place "downtown" called Pattan's. Holy shit, best collards I've ever had. Spicy as hell, lots of cayenne.
    BBQ place? If so, I've been there and it's great.

jon gruden's haircut smallbigtall's Avatar
    Earl's opening for lunch on Saturday

Not Triad, but apparently a big deal: https://www.heraldsun.com/living/art...-SlTGUY_ay124s

Quote Originally Posted by bym051d View Post
    I like Marioís better. Not sure how Marrozziís didnít do better. They have one thing Marioís doesnít, delivery.

Sweet Old Billís in HP is pretty fantastic. Went there last weekend for the first time.
    Just got back from a late lunch at Sweet Old Bill's. Got the burger with goat cheese, bacon jam and spinach with fries. Also got a side of 'pups to try. Everything I had was pretty good. Service was a little slow, but not terrible.

Earl's is great, but the clientele is a bit shady.

What are the odds of unexpectedly sitting next to a fellow boards member at the bar??

Quote Originally Posted by Deacon923 View Post
    Not Triad, but apparently a big deal: https://www.heraldsun.com/living/art...-SlTGUY_ay124s
    My fave bbq. Sad to see it go.

Historically Competitive
    Quote Originally Posted by Dkin View Post
    Earl's is great, but the clientele is a bit shady.

What are the odds of unexpectedly sitting next to a fellow boards member at the bar??
    I was so weirded out there on Saturday night. Glad somebody else got the vibe from the place.