Page 134 of 146 FirstFirst ... 3484124129130131132133134135136137138139144 ... LastLast
Results 2,661 to 2,680 of 2907

Thread: Triad restaurant comings, goings and recs

  1. #2661
    Quote Originally Posted by bmoneydeac View Post
    My fave bbq. Sad to see it go.
    It was my favorite in the area as well. But there is good news: Sam Jones of Skylight Inn heritage is opening a place downtown.

    https://www.newsobserver.com/living/...222258235.html

  2. #2662
    Quote Originally Posted by Dkin View Post
    Earl's is great, but the clientele is a bit shady.

    What are the odds of unexpectedly sitting next to a fellow boards member at the bar??
    Quote Originally Posted by vtwhat etc View Post
    I was so weirded out there on Saturday night. Glad somebody else got the vibe from the place.
    Hmm, sounds even more legit then. Care to elaborate?

    I was planning on stopping by when we were in town for the holidays.

  3. #2663
    Look for a Winston-Salem based brewery to open a location in Greensboro soon

  4. #2664
    Has anyone been to The Porch on Mill Works Street, off Reynolda Road? If so, what is your opinion of that place. I've only been there once...and it was a bit of a dump...but I really liked the food and the laid-back atmosphere. Had a great burrito & Blue Moon draft.

  5. #2665
    Broderick Hicks OrigScreaminDemon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Motorboating my avatar
    Posts
    3,670
    The Porch is awesome, along with the sister restaurants as well Alma Mexicana and Canteen
    (oYo)

  6. #2666
    I've never been to Alma, but The Porch is great.

  7. #2667
    Broderick Hicks OrigScreaminDemon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Motorboating my avatar
    Posts
    3,670
    Quote Originally Posted by bym051d View Post
    I've never been to Alma, but The Porch is great.
    Had Alma for lunch today and it was very good, as it always is
    (oYo)

  8. #2668
    The Porch is great, but service can be pretty slow at peak times (more so than other restaurants). Food is always very good.

  9. #2669
    Quote Originally Posted by Dkin View Post
    Earl's is great, but the clientele is a bit shady.

    What are the odds of unexpectedly sitting next to a fellow boards member at the bar??
    Gotta be a million to one

  10. #2670
    Quote Originally Posted by vtwhat etc View Post
    I was so weirded out there on Saturday night. Glad somebody else got the vibe from the place.
    Elaborate? The hipster factor was pretty high the night I was there.

  11. #2671
    Maybe noted already but Cugino Forno going in to Bailey Power Plant. Wood fired pizza place with GSO location.

  12. #2672
    Historically Competitive
    vtwhat etc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    4,488
    Quote Originally Posted by Buttermaker View Post
    Elaborate? The hipster factor was pretty high the night I was there.
    It was hipster, but a sort of trumpy hipster feel. There seemed to be a lot of people congregating to go to a bluegrass concert at the RamKat when I was there, though.

    It was a weird time to check it out... plus, it was barely raining, but water was just dumping off of the side of the building because of the construction.

    Anybody who thinks the restaurant itself is like slappys will be pleasantly surprised, though. It's much cleaner/higher-end.




  13. #2673
    Ate lunch at Campus Gas. Delicious hot dogs. Got some cider samples from owner Ben and talked Deacon baseball. It will be great in warmer weather when they can open the doors and use outside tables.

  14. #2674
    Historically Competitive
    vtwhat etc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    4,488
    Quote Originally Posted by Buttermaker View Post
    Ate lunch at Campus Gas. Delicious hot dogs. Got some cider samples from owner Ben and talked Deacon baseball. It will be great in warmer weather when they can open the doors and use outside tables.
    Hope they make it that long. It's been wiiiiiide open during peak hours & I'm not sure why they aren't focusing on the bar concept.

    We've spoken with the owner a couple of times. He seems long on energy and short on ideas.

    Foods been good but wildly expensive for what it is.

  15. #2675
    Scott "Rufio" Feather
    siff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    The Duchy of Cabarrus
    Posts
    17,207
    Quote Originally Posted by PostalDeac View Post
    Has anyone been to The Porch on Mill Works Street, off Reynolda Road? If so, what is your opinion of that place. I've only been there once...and it was a bit of a dump...but I really liked the food and the laid-back atmosphere. Had a great burrito & Blue Moon draft.
    It's fantastic.

  16. #2676
    Porch has some legit margaritas too. I generally get a flight when I go.

  17. #2677
    A Young Go-Hard
    myDeaconmyhand's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Peters Creek
    Posts
    26,217
    The awning at Quiet Pint collapsed from the weight of the snow
    Draxx them sklounst

  18. #2678
    Quote Originally Posted by myDeaconmyhand View Post
    The awning at Quiet Pint collapsed from the weight of the snow
    That place is a gold mine they will be alright

  19. #2679
    Broderick Hicks zqglass's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Clemmons, NC
    Posts
    3,252
    Quote Originally Posted by mikedrum4prez View Post
    That place is a gold mine they will be alright
    They still had a 3/4 full parking lot today when I drove by...
    beer and titties

  20. #2680
    Quiet Pint has become my go to spot lately, love that place. Never heard the porch described as a dump, pretty popular restaurant.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •