Page 137 of 146 FirstFirst ... 3787127132133134135136137138139140141142 ... LastLast
Results 2,721 to 2,740 of 2907

Thread: Triad restaurant comings, goings and recs

Whatís everyoneís thoughts on Alma Mexicana at the Bailey Power Plant? The wife and I really enjoy going there on date nights to get some good cocktails and tapas. Only problem we have ever had there was this week when our service was absolutely horrible, she was definitely under the influence of something.
    beer and titties

Historically Competitive
    I really appreciate all the input. Thinking a BlackTie Transportation bus & Ryan's will be the call. Going to look into the viability of some others in this thread for meal #2.

FWIW, I think Graylyn would have been perfect. I completely forgot about it (and I even stayed/ate there on NYE!)... but the accommodations were already booked. Whoops.

This place is just up the road from GTCC. I'll be checking it out once it opens in the Spring/Summer and will report back.

https://www.journalnow.com/relishnow...135b47ee4.html

Hops Burger Bar still planning to move into the old Carmine's 901 location? The "coming soon" sign is no longer on the building.

This is shameful reporting: Who has the best wings in town? Journal staffers taste tested a few in advance of the big game.

Cliffs: they ranked East Coast Wings above Ronni's and Waldo's

Never Murdered My FIL
    Quote Originally Posted by HailToTheDeacons View Post
    This is shameful reporting: Who has the best wings in town? Journal staffers taste tested a few in advance of the big game.

Iíve only been twice, but Ronniís didnít blow me away. Itís pretty overhyped. Neither place is enough of an upgrade over East Coast being 2 miles from my house.

This makes me really, really fucking angry.

The dude probably doesn't even know how to order at either restaurants. He's probably never even been to Ted's in Yadkinville, which is, to me, right up there with Waldo's but not quite as good as Ronni's.

Quote Originally Posted by Buttermaker View Post
    Hops Burger Bar still planning to move into the old Carmine's 901 location? The "coming soon" sign is no longer on the building.
    Curious about this as well. I'll dig around a little bit today to see if I can find anything out. Was hoping this was a done deal.

Robert O'Kelley
    Waldo's 4 life

Never Murdered My FIL
    Waldoís has changed. I donít like the idea of flat TVs on those walls.

Sheikh of Smoke
    Ronni's is sentimental to me, mostly because at the time it opened, no other place in the area sold wings. It really was a market ripe for the picking when they started.

Quote Originally Posted by Deacfreak07 View Post
    Waldoís has changed. I donít like the idea of flat TVs on those walls.
    It definitely ain't our daddy's Waldo's and I preferred the small town feel, too. However, I've had to adapt and have come to terms with the upgrades. The only thing that really irks me about the new ownership, is the fact they replaced a jukebox with one of those stuffed animal claw machines. I've had a couple of bad experiences with some of the new waitstaff, but my boy Chris(the mid-40s dude with a goatee) is always there for me and knows when I walk in the door to bring me a pitcher before even walking up the table. I'm like the RJK of Waldo's.

Quote Originally Posted by tsywake View Post
    Ronni's is sentimental to me, mostly because at the time it opened, no other place in the area sold wings. It really was a market ripe for the picking when they started.
    They still make a killin', all these years later. In the past, in order to get wings for the Super Bowl, you'd have to call and place the order a couple of days in advance.

Never Murdered My FIL
    Quote Originally Posted by CreamyGoodness View Post
    It definitely ain't our daddy's Waldo's and I preferred the small town feel, too. However, I've had to adapt and have come to terms with the upgrades. The only thing that really irks me about the new ownership, is the fact they replaced a jukebox with one of those stuffed animal claw machines. I've had a couple of bad experiences with some of the new waitstaff, but my boy Chris(the mid-40s dude with a goatee) is always there for me and knows when I walk in the door to bring me a pitcher before even walking up the table. I'm like the RJK of Waldo's.
    Iíve had food come to the table straight up ice cold within the last few years. Havenít gone back since. I think it was right after the ownership change.

Best wings is a pretty subjective determination. Unless the results are based on a panel of say five or more, I'd take the results with a grain of salt. I too was surprised to see Waldo's ranked so low. Not sure I've had wings at Bibs.

Camel City BBQ's wings are really good. Much better than the actual barbecue.

Iíve had food come to the table straight up ice cold within the last few years. Havenít gone back since. I think it was right after the ownership change.
    Doesnít surprise me. Iíve had to turn away some wings and homemade chips before. Theyíre always apologetic and bring out the the right product the second time around.

Quote Originally Posted by LilburnDeac View Post
    Agreed, I always forget about them, but yeah they are delish. Putters also has underrated wings

Never Murdered My FIL
    Quote Originally Posted by LilburnDeac View Post
    This is true. Bibs wings are good too. I love a good smoked wing.

This is true. Bibs wings are good too. I love a good smoked wing.
    Yeah I was surprised by Bibís wings. Theyíre fantastic and huge.