• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Triad restaurant comings, goings and recs

Rody’s in gso has some money wings. Also dig the smoked wings at Mac’s.

I've thought for years that that place had to be some kind of front for something. Huge building, overdone, never busy, and mediocre the only time I ate there 15 years ago.

I know the family and it was definitely not a front. They got hurt by an economic downturn a few years ago, had a hard time playing catch-up. Turned to a new investor who promised to keep the joint open - but it turns out he lied.

I'd never had a less than (A /A+) meal at Ryan's. It's my favorite steakhouse in the world.

I think we made the mistake of going late last night. They were out of Prime Rib and the Ribeye was what I would expect if I grilled one myself from the Walmart Neighborhood Market by our house.

The shalloted potatoes were still fire... but, our waiter also really pushed some wagyu ny strips they have bought in bulk, and will be selling for the next month. Just seemed off for Ryan's

Anybody else have a less than stellar experience there lately? It's a once-every-three/four-month treat for us, so I am hoping the place isn't trending down.

Nah - I took my team there for our holiday dinner, and we all thought it was great.

All indications are that Zito will re-open next week, date TBD. Can't wait to drop by for some killer poutine and give some love to the family. Highly recommend everyone here do the same

Went to Emma Keys again. Yum. Forgot how good it was. Maybe better than hops.

I'm excited about Hops coming to WS. But I like Big Burger Spot better. I went to Emma Keys once. It was good but not that memorable.

I'm excited about Hops coming to WS. But I like Big Burger Spot better. I went to Emma Keys once. It was good but not that memorable.

that's what I thought the first time, but this last time we all thought it was great. Done BBS loads of times.

Finally made it to Big Burger Spot yesterday and came away impressed. Got the bison burger special with bacon cheddar fries. If I lived closer I'd hit it up more often. Their setup is quite simple and the concept could easily be replicated elsewhere.

Has it gotten better? After they changed owners, the quality dropped and I haven’t been back. They changed the fries, which is what I liked better than Hops.

Has it gotten better? After they changed owners, the quality dropped and I haven’t been back. They changed the fries, which is what I liked better than Hops.

Only been there a couple of times, so it is hard to compare. I thought my burger was delish and the fries were fine to me. Been to BBS more times than that. I much preferred EK's fries to the BBS fries I have gotten.

Back