• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Triad restaurant comings, goings and recs

Was just at Thruway - looks like the former Fox & Hound space is going to be a Ham's. Was hoping for a cut above that.

Ugh. I suppose that's a pretty big space, kind of a big gamble for a non-chain. Is that other Ham's still on Stratford?

No, that's what's somewhat surprising to me. There's even more competition now with the Loop and with whatever is going in the former Hanestown mill site site which will certainly include restaurants.

Looks like the Millennium Artisan Restaurant in WS has closed. Maybe only temporarily The food has always been great. Here's a note from their website.....

Welcome (Closed for Renovations)

We appreciate the support of our loyal customers and friends. We are very proud of the fabulous food created by Chef Kevin Reddick and and the Back of the house crew and the great service provided by our general manager Mark Noda and the Front of the house team.

We plan to re-open Millennium Artisan Restaurant in the near future with a fresh concept to meet the diverse request of downtown workers, residents and visitors.

Contact us: Here

Thanks for your patience and support.

No, that's what's somewhat surprising to me. There's even more competition now with the Loop and with whatever is going in the former Hanestown mill site site which will certainly include restaurants.

Heard PF Chang's and/or Maggiano's

Ugh. I suppose that's a pretty big space, kind of a big gamble for a non-chain. Is that other Ham's still on Stratford?

Greensboro real estate magnate/restaurateur Marty Kotis bought the Ham's brand out of bankruptcy and is trying to resurrect it in a pretty big way. He seems to be trying to open locations in fairly large/high profile locations, like a 2-story version on S. Elm Street in GSO and now this. I haven't eaten in one since he bought it but hopefully they are better than the horrible dining experience that was being foisted on diners about 4 years ago pre-bankruptcy.

Greensboro real estate magnate/restaurateur Marty Kotis bought the Ham's brand out of bankruptcy and is trying to resurrect it in a pretty big way. He seems to be trying to open locations in fairly large/high profile locations, like a 2-story version on S. Elm Street in GSO and now this. I haven't eaten in one since he bought it but hopefully they are better than the horrible dining experience that was being foisted on diners about 4 years ago pre-bankruptcy.

I've been to the one in K-ville a couple of times. Not good at all.

I was meh about the filing station last time I ate there

I need to try Hops and the taco place (Craft? Crafted?). Those are my next two spots.

Chic did you say you liked George's in the LF shopping center? I was thoroughly unimpressed. Not sure what my expectations should have been but it was pretty bad. Burke Street will be getting my pizza bidness going forward.

Just hit up Hops. Solid. Fast service too. Great beer selection. Had a wicked weed hop burglar.

Gotta convince wifey there are other burgers beyond Big Burger Spot. To be fair that place is the tits.

Love crafted. I never ate pizza at George's they have good chicken pita platters with Greek salad (or at least they did last time I ate there which was maybe March

Pretty sure it is Rocco Scarfone doing Ham's. Same guy doing the HoB place downtown. Kotis is Darryl's Marshall Free House Mad Hatter, Pig Pounder

I need to try Hops and the taco place (Craft? Crafted?). Those are my next two spots.

Chic did you say you liked George's in the LF shopping center? I was thoroughly unimpressed. Not sure what my expectations should have been but it was pretty bad. Burke Street will be getting my pizza bidness going forward.

Try Mario's at the Lowe's Shopping Center on New Garden.

Last edited:
Back