• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Triad restaurant comings, goings and recs

No idea but ill try it out in support of a former Deac. Looks like Mike has done real well for himself.

Spruce Street Garden Craft Tavern will open in downtown Winston-Salem in May, according to the Winston-Salem Journal. The tavern will go the former Dynasty Asian Fusion Cuisine space at 134 N. Spruce St.

Dave & Buster’s wants to hire more than 200 employees for its new location, which opens May 13 at Hanes Mall in Winston-Salem.

I see that Cugino Forno pizza is now open in the bailey power plant downtown Winston-Salem. Has anyone had their pizza?

Yeah ate there last night. Huge space. Pizza was good. They don't have abc license yet, but hope to soon. They arent supposed to let you bring beer over from incindiary but guy said he didn't mind and allowed us to.

I didn't think the pizza was as good as Mission but still very good. I think mission food quality is amazing,full disclosure. Cugino pizzas are 16" compared to mission's 12". Price per inch is less at cugino. I believe they will do very well, offer lunch every day, have gelato, etc.

I heard the lunch price is cheaper. (dinner looks like $15-16 per pizza?)
I'm planning on having lunch there today.

One of the owners said that for the first month they will do a personal pizza and soft drink for $10. Assume the pizza will be 12" but I didn't ask for specifics. They don't have lunch prices on their menu, so not sure what it will be next month.

Dinner pizzas range from $15-22 I think.

Dave & Buster’s wants to hire more than 200 employees for its new location, which opens May 13 at Hanes Mall in Winston-Salem.

It opens on my birthday!

And I'll just go ahead and admit that I may end of going there once we move back. Winston's lack of legit sports bars is shameful.

It opens on my birthday!

And I'll just go ahead and admit that I may end of going there once we move back. Winston's lack of legit sports bars is shameful.

Someone is going to open a legit sports bar downtown that will do well and I'm going to be pissed. If I had some extra cash to start one, I'd seriously look into it. Nobody really wants to go to Hanes Mall/Stratford area to watch a game

Someone is going to open a legit sports bar downtown that will do well and I'm going to be pissed. If I had some extra cash to start one, I'd seriously look into it. Nobody really wants to go to Hanes Mall/Stratford area to watch a game

Every brewery downtown has multiple tvs as does Hutch & Harris, King's Crab Shack, Camel City BBQ etc.

Every brewery downtown has multiple tvs as does Hutch & Harris, King's Crab Shack, Camel City BBQ etc.

Yeah but none of them is a true "sports bar". Foothills is probably the closest thing to one, with the big projector screen, but its architecture isn't really conducive to having large groups watching the same game on the same screen.

I actually think the bottle shop (Dogwood?) that's attached to a cocktail bar on Liberty is probably the best place I've seen to watch a game. The brewery beside Ramkat (RIP Ziggys) also seems to have potential. Camel City might also not be a bad shout. But I wouldn't call any of them a sports bar.

Fiddle Fish has a decent number of TVs and projectors. I've watched games from there before.

Food choice is very limited to snacks and the food truck.

Unless it's a real big game, you likely won't get sound at any of those places. To be a city with over 100k people and have no sports bar anywhere downtown is shocking. Quiet pint is probably the closest thing imo. Food bar food cheap beer and decent amount of TV's

Unless it's a real big game, you likely won't get sound at any of those places. To be a city with over 100k people and have no sports bar anywhere downtown is shocking. Quiet pint is probably the closest thing imo. Food bar food cheap beer and decent amount of TV's

I really hope they fix their metal awning before summer gets here.

Back