• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Triad restaurant comings, goings and recs

Unless it's a real big game, you likely won't get sound at any of those places. To be a city with over 100k people and have no sports bar anywhere downtown is shocking. Quiet pint is probably the closest thing imo. Food bar food cheap beer and decent amount of TV's

Why does downtown need a sports bar?

I’ve always thought that a small bowling alley/sports bar downtown would make money hand over fist.

Agree re: Wise Man being a tough place to watch a game. The TVs are fairly small and there’s normally a ton of activity. We watched the Arsenal-ManU game there last week and felt like we were inconveniencing people sitting around us. Great beer though.

I’ve always thought that a small bowling alley/sports bar downtown would make money hand over fist.

Agree re: Wise Man being a tough place to watch a game. The TVs are fairly small and there’s normally a ton of activity. We watched the Arsenal-ManU game there last week and felt like we were inconveniencing people sitting around us. Great beer though.

If I had the financial backing (and probably knew what the hell we were doing) in 2004 we'd have renovated a building into a three story sports bar/bowling alley/rooftop club downtown. A few friends and I got together and coming up with a strategy, but it never got off the ground.

If I had the financial backing (and probably knew what the hell we were doing) in 2004 we'd have renovated a building into a three story sports bar/bowling alley/rooftop club downtown. A few friends and I got together and coming up with a strategy, but it never got off the ground.

What building would that have been? Did someone else ever renovate it?

What building would that have been? Did someone else ever renovate it?
Our plan was to renovate one of the vacant RJR/Tobacco factory buildings, but they were either all sold to WFU or developed into lofts etc. Once we learned the amount of startup $$ needed, we quickly gave up hope. We were just a bunch of broke college kids with no inheritance to leverage.

I was up at Revolution Mill for a meeting this morning and saw one of the Cugino Fuorno pizza cooks parking his freaking Vespa out front. they take their authenticity seriously I guess.

Forgot to report - had lunch at Cugino yesterday - 9" (was bigger) sausage pizza and drink for 10 bucks, good deal, will be sad if that's only first month price.
They've got lots of TVs in this place but it was mostly airing old Italian league soccer games.

Incendiary is opening at noon today and tomorrow for basketball watching.

I like Incendiary's beer alright, but I prefer sours and wheat ales to IPA, so their menu lines up with my preferences.

IMO: Wiseman>Incendiary>Small Batch>Fiddlin Fish>Foothills

Wiseman’s Mountain Calling IPA is fantastic. I like Fiddlin’ Fish’s Admore Brown too. Joymonger’s is really solid too.

Joymonger has a great location, next to old Mock Orange.

5 points has closed according to some reports I saw online. One of our fav W-S restaurants

Ah man, I attended a HUGE gathering there last spring with a zillion people, that I thought they handled extremely well, and the food was decent. But that was my only experience.

Back