• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Triad restaurant comings, goings and recs

Ronni's. High marks for family-friendly atmosphere, but the food was not nearly as good as I remember. It was a bit disappointing, actually.

Noooooooooo! I haven't been to Ronni's in ages, but I hate to hear that! Back in the day, we used to kill the $20 large pizza/25 wing special regularly.

The food at Canteen on 4th St (W-S) does not disappoint.

And you can even reminisce about your days at the O-Pit!!!

That 5 points restaurant location is freaking cursed

Lucky 32 had a good run. They'd still be there if the company hadn't decided to pull back to free up capital (IIRC for the O'Henry or Proximity?).

Ronni's. High marks for family-friendly atmosphere, but the food was not nearly as good as I remember. It was a bit disappointing, actually.

Mossy's is a pretty good spot in Clemmons. More of a sports bar type place, but I have seen quite a few peeps with kids in tow on the weekends. Just FYI for any future Clemmons dining ventures.

Mossy's is a pretty good spot in Clemmons. More of a sports bar type place, but I have seen quite a few peeps with kids in tow on the weekends. Just FYI for any future Clemmons dining ventures.

Yeah, Mossy’s has probably become my favorite spot in Clemmons now. I usually get the Mossy’s burger but almost everything I have tried there has been pretty decent for a sports bar.

2520 Tavern across from Lowe’s foods has some good dishes as well. I’ve had a few mediocre meals there recently though.

Yeah, Mossy’s has probably become my favorite spot in Clemmons now. I usually get the Mossy’s burger but almost everything I have tried there has been pretty decent for a sports bar.

Agreed. I first went there a couple of years ago for my nephew's 21st, and have enjoyed it several more times since. In fact, after each of my knee replacements at CMC, we got Mossy's burgers to go on the way back to the highway to take home. Good stuff.

Ronni's is sentimental to me, mostly because at the time it opened, no other place in the area sold wings. It really was a market ripe for the picking when they started.

tsy, you know I think the world of you but non-Buffalonians need to stay in their own damn lane when it comes to evaluating wings. ;)

tsy, you know I think the world of you but non-Buffalonians need to stay in their own damn lane when it comes to evaluating wings. ;)
In my defense, IIRC the original owner of Ronni's was from the buffalo area and first brought them down to this area when he moved down.

Hit Fishbones at Walker and Elam in GSO last night, the special was seared ahi tuna on a bed of pasta and greens. it was amazing. My kid had the chicken burrito and that was really good too. Fishbones always puts out good to great food, consistently. don't get in there as much as I should.

Very nice! No BBQ in that area since the place on Stratford where Sakura is now left.

Need a mother's day lunch spot in Winston. Preferably not around Hanes Mall. Downtown or near WFU. Also, my parents are old school Baptist so breweries not preferred. Thoughts?

Need a mother's day lunch spot in Winston. Preferably not around Hanes Mall. Downtown or near WFU. Also, my parents are old school Baptist so breweries not preferred. Thoughts?

Sweet Potatoes (southern deliciousness), Canteen 411 (new place owned by The Porch and Alma owner), or Spring House for a nicer option would be my recommendations for a traditional mother. Mary’s is always a great brunch or lunch spot, too.

I was gonna throw out Spring House, too. I bet they have a nice Sunday lunch.

Back