• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Triad restaurant comings, goings and recs

I’m not working at Spring House anymore so this isn’t a shameless plug but they’re going to have a poke bowl on their summer menu and if it’s anything like their tuna tartare it’s going to be killer.

Lill Dipper, the new soft serve place near Bailey Park in W-S, seems to be crowded EVERY night. It's a no-frills concept (cash only, served through a window) with vanilla only...but a long list of toppings. Hope it hangs on during the cooler months.

Lill Dipper, the new soft serve place near Bailey Park in W-S, seems to be crowded EVERY night. It's a no-frills concept (cash only, served through a window) with vanilla only...but a long list of toppings. Hope it hangs on during the cooler months.

It's attached to the sundry shop that has beer and wine, Tin Can.

Pokebowl is reasonable for lunch. Expect to spend $10-12 for some decent veggies and salmon/tuna. I hope they stick around.

A Ledo Pizza opened up in Kernersville off Main St in the new Lowes Foods shopping center. The Big Burger Spot location across the street should open up in mid to late July.

FWIW I think the Business 40 closing effect is largely overstated and a lot of restaurant and bar owners are leaning into and dwelling on it instead of making positive changes. It certainly doesn’t help but most restaurants and bars are being hurt by more options seemingly opening up weekly.

Been some activity at the former Carmine’s 901 this week. Refrigeration service trucks and a paint/pressure washer seen on site.

Yeah, they were planning on May 15th opening. They didn't even start doing anything over there till May 15th. Hopefully they open this year.

Based off of rumors I’ve heard in person and now on reddit, I will not be patronizing the owner of Hutch and Harris future ventures, if there are any.

Well deserved, Mountain Calling is a nearly perfect IPA

Saw a piece in the news today about the Zesto that opened up about a year ago in East Winston

Don't see anyone here having mentioned it -- anyone been?

linky

Back