• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Triad restaurant comings, goings and recs

Saw a piece in the news today about the Zesto that opened up about a year ago in East Winston

Don't see anyone here having mentioned it -- anyone been?

linky

Good story. Thanks for linking it. I haven't been to Zesto yet but plan to hit it soon.

Good story. Thanks for linking it. I haven't been to Zesto yet but plan to hit it soon.

Wife and I went Friday for the first time. Great made-to-order burgers. Wife's fries were really good, my onion rings were from frozen, but as good as they could be. Soft serve shakes were not bad at all, either. Great story of the place, as well. Used to be down the street in the 40's-60's, closed, and a local guy whose grandparents raised him in East Winston bought the building and brought it back. We'll definitely be back.

Ate at Bandito Bodega on Sunday. Had the "hot dog" which is a pretty creative dish (green chorizo sausage with onions/pickled peppers etc.) Sausage was good but a little dry. My kid had the asian pork dumplings which were really good. My wife thoroughly enjoyed the tacos. My only beef with this place is that it's completely counter service and you have to bus your own table, which is fine - but the price points are the same as a full service restaurant.

Building painted, signage beginning to go up on the new HOPS on the corner of Reynolda and Northwest

Had Yama’s yesterday. It was good but extremely crowded and so loud that multiple employees didn’t hear me say “to go” resulting in a clusterfuck at the register.

Hearing good things about the Bonchon Korean Fried Chicken in GSO

Had Yama’s yesterday. It was good but extremely crowded and so loud that multiple employees didn’t hear me say “to go” resulting in a clusterfuck at the register.

Had yamas for the first time Sunday. So delicious. You get up to 8 toppings too, so your bowl can fill up nicely. My grain bowl with gyro lasted two meals (they heaped on a shit ton of gyro).

Al is about to open up an "upscale dive bar," which makes me immediately suspicious. It's also like a block from the original Al's, and maybe a quarter mile from his wife's lunch spot. They're taking over!

Back