• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Triad restaurant comings, goings and recs

Ah, I was wondering if that Dave guy was that same guy that I read about on these here boards about that parking lot thing. It was supposed to be "State Fair" food or something?

They need to make that building an I Can't Believe It's Yogurt shop again, like it was in my youth when I could just walk down the street or go after walking back from Prince's On The Park.

They have turned it into an Italian Ice place now. Haven't been yet, but driving past it every day, I'm not sure how long that will last either.

They have turned it into an Italian Ice place now. Haven't been yet, but driving past it every day, I'm not sure how long that will last either.

That will do great with the weather cooling down. Can you at least get booze in them?

Winston folks, just saw that Hops Burger Bar will be opening on Friday Oct 11.

Went last Thursday, soft opening I guess. Was pretty crowded but got seats at the bar. Was good. I haven't ever been to the one in Greensboro. Great burger, lots of good options on the menu, different stuff I'd like to try. Will be going back. Parking was a nightmare though.

Went last Thursday, soft opening I guess. Was pretty crowded but got seats at the bar. Was good. I haven't ever been to the one in Greensboro. Great burger, lots of good options on the menu, different stuff I'd like to try. Will be going back. Parking was a nightmare though.

You've had the Greensboro experience then!

Not sure how you can open a restaurant there (new Hops) and not have a neon sign pointing to parking at the nearby theater.

There can't be more than 6 parking spaces in the front.

Not sure how you can open a restaurant there (new Hops) and not have a neon sign pointing to parking at the nearby theater.

There can't be more than 6 parking spaces in the front.

Not neon, but there are several signs on the left going up the hill pointing to Hops' parking.

There are some signs but those spots were taken, and they aren't the easiest places to get in/out of.

There are some signs but those spots were taken, and they aren't the easiest places to get in/out of.

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.....have to have to somebody to blame for your MILLENNIAL laziness and feelings of entitlement

Yeah, I'm counting 5 parking spaces, and there are only 27 total parking spaces on the total site and the restaurant would have to be sharing that parking with other tenants. W-S development ordinance requirement for restaurants is 1 space per 100 square feet, so the restaurant alone should have 32 off-street parking spaces, under zoning. I guess they got a variance for continued use as a restaurant since Carmine's failed there. Sounds legit.

There's only 150 diagonal parking spaces lining Northwest sight distance from the front door

There's only 150 diagonal parking spaces lining Northwest sight distance from the front door

Are you suggesting that the average restaurant patron is equally inclined to park offsite as they are onsite? Which successful restaurants in W-S have an equal or lesser parking situation?

Are you suggesting that the average restaurant patron is equally inclined to park offsite as they are onsite? Which successful restaurants in W-S have an equal or lesser parking situation?

Literally every restaurant downtown.

Went to Hops today. Had the 8oz Diablo burger medium which was excellent. Arrived at 11:30 and no issues with finding a seat. Had a pretty good beer selection on tap but will have to come back for that.

...and how could i not mention that i parked on Reynolda in front of WEOH for an easy 50 ft walk to the restaurant.

Hops isn't really competing with Applebees or Outback for customers. They have a similar parking situation in Greensboro and it hasn't been an issue.

Back