• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Triad restaurant comings, goings and recs

giphy.gif

Has anything gone into the former Four Flocks space in G-boro?

That should be punishable by death, but I will also say that Hiss Golden Messenger played one of the quietest shows I've ever seen with a fully electric 7 piece band or something at the Cradle once, so homeboy may want to crank it up a tad. I almost killed someone at that show for talking too loud.

That's kind of an epidemic I've experienced lately. I was about to murder some Harvard kids at a gig in Boston earlier this year, but then realized all the adults in the upper level were jabbering away at inappropriate levels, as well. So inconsiderate.

Anyone go to the Hiss show this weekend at Ramkat? Reports?

I didn’t make it but several of my friends did. They said he was in a good mood and the crowd didn’t pull a Ben Folds. Symphony played for a bit, then he played solo, then they all played together. Apparently he sounded great and crowd wanted an encore but he said they didn’t prep for one!

Glad to see WS supporting shows like this.

I didn’t make it but several of my friends did. They said he was in a good mood and the crowd didn’t pull a Ben Folds. Symphony played for a bit, then he played solo, then they all played together. Apparently he sounded great and crowd wanted an encore but he said they didn’t prep for one!

Glad to see WS supporting shows like this.

What happened at the Ben Folds show?

Some really loud and obnoxious people. Ben decided to read a chapter from his new book that was pertinent to the neighborhood. He acknowledged Ramkat is more of a bar and not his normal solo gig venue, but then said people paid good money to hear him play and if you want to talk then take your money and leave. I thought he addressed it well, I guess a fair amount of the crowd had different expectations for what that show would be. He killed it, sounded really good.

Some really loud and obnoxious people. Ben decided to read a chapter from his new book that was pertinent to the neighborhood. He acknowledged Ramkat is more of a bar and not his normal solo gig venue, but then said people paid good money to hear him play and if you want to talk then take your money and leave. I thought he addressed it well, I guess a fair amount of the crowd had different expectations for what that show would be. He killed it, sounded really good.

Did he play "Bitches Ain't Shit"?

Are they going to do anything to make the beer taste better ?

Are they going to do anything to make the beer taste better ?

I'll give them some credit that the beer has gotten better with some new things they're making - it's just not the stuff available outside of the restaurant/brewery. I think it's mostly on draft at the brewery by the coliseum though did see a can of something new recently (forget the name) which was pretty good. Hopefully they start distributing it more and reduce the amount of their "flagship" stuff.

A lot of their "older" brews have been retired. Here's the current lineup: https://www.nattygreenes.com/beer

I have never been a big fan of the Buckshot but the Mighty Citra and Mt. Mitchell IPAs are good. The Golden Mosaic is also very good. When they first came out with the Red Nose, I liked it, but in subsequent years not so much. Not sure if their recipe changed or my palate. Might give it another try this year.

I haven't had an Old Town Brown in years. Need to give it a try when the weather gets really cold.

A lot of their "older" brews have been retired. Here's the current lineup: https://www.nattygreenes.com/beer

I have never been a big fan of the Buckshot but the Mighty Citra and Mt. Mitchell IPAs are good. The Golden Mosaic is also very good. When they first came out with the Red Nose, I liked it, but in subsequent years not so much. Not sure if their recipe changed or my palate. Might give it another try this year.

I haven't had an Old Town Brown in years. Need to give it a try when the weather gets really cold.

Their Red Nose recipe absolutely changed. It was probably my favorite beer of theirs when they first released it and last years batch tasted like straight ass. I threw 4 cans away early last spring.

Went to Hops in W-S yesterday for the first time.

Not bad for a variety of burgers, fries and beer. No idea if their other limited fare is good or not. But the burgers and fries we tried were pretty good.

We tried going at 4pm on a sunday and the wait was 30m. Went to Earl's instead and there were only 2 other tables there.

We tried going at 4pm on a sunday and the wait was 30m. Went to Earl's instead and there were only 2 other tables there.

I'm not sure how long Earl's is gonna last. Both times we've gone it's been just OK food, and the order/service system is dumb.

Back