• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Triad restaurant comings, goings and recs

Just saw where the Mac & Nelli's (formerly of north Robinhood Road) is moving into Harper Hill Commons. I figured they were all of done for since they posted a sign on the window many months ago that they were relocating but suspiciously did not say where to. Their old spot (across from Pintxos) is now a Thai Sawatdee.

The space M&N is moving into was first a McAllister's Deli when the shopping center opened in the mid-2000s. A couple of other places have given it a go in that spot, including at east two Italian places, but they haven't stuck for very long.

i was never a fan of mac & nelli's

New biz going in spot that was formerly Big Mussels, aka the spot formerly known as Coliseum Kitchen. Sign says something like "Prime Tyme Soul Cafe."

That would seem to be a good location for a restaurant, but it's been a revolving door pretty much since the end of Coliseum Kitchen.

New biz going in spot that was formerly Big Mussels, aka the spot formerly known as Coliseum Kitchen. Sign says something like "Prime Tyme Soul Cafe."

That would seem to be a good location for a restaurant, but it's been a revolving door pretty much since the end of Coliseum Kitchen.

It's a bad location nobody wants to frequent, apparently.

Big Mussels was pretty good but it was always dead. I'm pretty sure they opened in the Spring which isn't a good move when you're trying to draw off football and basketball traffic.

Had a pretty bad experience at Di Lisio's tonight. Took 45 minutes to get salads, waitress didn't put in our appetizer, I didn't get the Italian Sausage I ordered for with my pasta, and one of our party of five didn't get his entree until probably ten minutes after everyone else and the waitress had to come back and ask him what he ordered before he was served. Which is a shame, because once we all got our entrees, they were excellent.

Hitting up WS for the game this wknd. Staying downtown. Just went back through the thread.

Sounds like plenty of spots in walking for booze, Tate's, Jeff Adams, Foothills, Rec Billiards, Finnegans.

Do any of these places have decent food? Any other downtown spots w decent food?

Hitting up WS for the game this wknd. Staying downtown. Just went back through the thread.

Sounds like plenty of spots in walking for booze, Tate's, Jeff Adams, Foothills, Rec Billiards, Finnegans.

Do any of these places have decent food? Any other downtown spots w decent food?

finnegans has decent pub food, but i was also 5+ beers deep anytime i ate anything there

Small Batch is pretty good too. Only appetizer sized food though.

When's the last time they went? They have full sized sandwiches/entrees on the menu now.

Either way, make sure you go there. Great beer.

You could also hit up Honey Pot downtown TAB, which is on 4th Street and right in the heart of all that. It's a newer upscale/modern southern place and is supposedly really good.

When's the last time they went? They have full sized sandwiches/entrees on the menu now.

Either way, make sure you go there. Great beer.

You could also hit up Honey Pot downtown TAB, which is on 4th Street and right in the heart of all that. It's a newer upscale/modern southern place and is supposedly really good.

It's been a couple of months for me. That's good to hear though. If you want people to hang, having food is good.

Back