• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Triad restaurant comings, goings and recs

Coming this weekend on Trade Street in the former Trade Street Diner spot. Two 32-year veterans of Paul's will be in the kitchen sending out the food that has pleased WS diners over the decades. Chef/managing partner Pedro Collando and sous chef Santo Amador were part of Paul's team that be brought down from New York when he opened his WS Italian fine dining restaurant. Chef Freddy Lee of Bernardin's et al is the other partner.

Hops closing all its locations temporarily because two of the employees got the RONA. I've been there twice in the last couple of weeks. Place was hopping, but everyone had masks on.

Hops closing all its locations temporarily because two of the employees got the RONA. I've been there twice in the last couple of weeks. Place was hopping, but everyone had masks on.

That's a bummer, I was going to visit the Lawndale location.

Sad to learn that Bonefish is closed in W-S.

Coming this weekend on Trade Street in the former Trade Street Diner spot. Two 32-year veterans of Paul's will be in the kitchen sending out the food that has pleased WS diners over the decades. Chef/managing partner Pedro Collando and sous chef Santo Amador were part of Paul's team that be brought down from New York when he opened his WS Italian fine dining restaurant. Chef Freddy Lee of Bernardin's et al is the other partner.

So psyched. Hope it thrives!

Yikes, I was at the Spring Garden one last Wednesday. I always seem to be at the places that end up with the rona.

I picked up food from Hop’s in Winston last week and it was a mess. The dining room is too small to safely eat there and it was reasonably crowded. I ordered curbside take out and waited for ten minutes in my car with no acknowledgement. I went inside and could see the cooks not wearing masks while I waited for another ten minutes in the small lobby with unmasked patrons coming in to eat.

Most places have their takeout systems tight by now but they seemed to not really give a fuck.

[/B]

Help us out - where are you planning to go this weekend?

UwtNWTx.gif

K&W files for bankruptcy protection.

Sorry to see it struggling. I ate there frequently when I was at Wake, eating a lot of fried cod. IIRC, the price then was $0.80. My second favorite cafeteria behind Bell Brothers.

K&W files for bankruptcy protection.

Cafeteria service model doesn't seem to translate well to carry out. Cafeteria relies on you seeing something while proceeding through the line and impulse buying it. That's why they have dessert first in the line.

Kay and double you had some really good breakfasts for many years and at times a good lunch. Bummer to see them go and t’s and p’s to all of the after church old’s who will have to find another cafeteria to eat at.

F K and W, The founder/old owner was the money behind the anti-stadium push that might have landed us the Minnesota Twins back in the 90's. And he was anti wild animal. And he was a dick. Sorry for the old people.

Cafeteria service model doesn't seem to translate well to carry out. Cafeteria relies on you seeing something while proceeding through the line and impulse buying it. That's why they have dessert first in the line.

They don't have desserts first in the line at K&W.

Been a fan of K&W my whole life, but yeah that cafeteria model isn't going to work in a post-COVID world.

Also I'd like to give a big shoutout to the Campus Gas folks. Been very impressed with their re-opening and the addition of the coffee shop is awesome. We go up there and spend a few hours with the boy at least once a week. Looking forward to watching soccer there too, just wish they had some TVs outside.

F K and W, The founder/old owner was the money behind the anti-stadium push that might have landed us the Minnesota Twins back in the 90's. And he was anti wild animal. And he was a dick. Sorry for the old people.

I’d definitely like to hear more about this. Why were people against the triad getting an MLB team?

because it was going to be a huge taxpayer bill to fund a stadium in kernersville that would ultimately just be an embarrassment with 30k empty seats.

Back