• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Triad restaurant comings, goings and recs

News is 2 weeks late but Bib's Downtown closed its doors at the end of 2020.

Bossy Beulah's Chicken Shack will open in the First Street Draught House location. Part of the Nobles empire. What are reviews from the CLT location?

What was the name of the soul food place on old Walker town road near where pulliams is?

Last edited:
Bell Brothers

Sorry to be so late in with the obligatory "Don't eat the brown gravy two nights in a row"

The reason I took this BTTT - What are the current seating rules in restaurants and bars in NC? My wife and are fully vaccinated and haven't been inside a restaurant since St. Patrick's Day, 2020. I'm thinking about one night in W-S and hitting Jeffrey Adams on 4th and Tate's for an after-dinner drink.

Thoughts?

Sorry to be so late in with the obligatory "Don't eat the brown gravy two nights in a row"

The reason I took this BTTT - What are the current seating rules in restaurants and bars in NC? My wife and are fully vaccinated and haven't been inside a restaurant since St. Patrick's Day, 2020. I'm thinking about one night in W-S and hitting Jeffrey Adams on 4th and Tate's for an after-dinner drink.

Thoughts?

75% for restaurants and 50% for bars. Mask required. No curfew.

My thoughts are that you should absolutely go have dinner and drinks, as everyone else has been this whole time.

Thanks, Biff. Can we sit at the bar at Tates? Virginia is still prohibiting that.

Thanks, Biff. Can we sit at the bar at Tates? Virginia is still prohibiting that.

You can, but don't go to Tates. Instead go to Joyner's on 4th and Burke. Similar style of bar but much better vibes and drinks. Its a new place from the people who run Earl's. My wife and I went there two weeks ago for our first post-COVID bar outing. The way that have it set up for social distancing is great, and you can also sit at the bar if you like.

You can, but don't go to Tates. Instead go to Joyner's on 4th and Burke. Similar style of bar but much better vibes and drinks. Its a new place from the people who run Earl's. My wife and I went there two weeks ago for our first post-COVID bar outing. The way that have it set up for social distancing is great, and you can also sit at the bar if you like.

I'd rather not support the owners of Earl's, since they were absolutely packing people in without any regard for social distancing in the fall.

I'd rather not support the owners of Earl's, since they were absolutely packing people in without any regard for social distancing in the fall.

That also makes me wonder if the drinks are actually any good. I probably frequented Earl's 6 or 7 times pre-pandemic and had 4 or 5 different cocktails that ranged from mediocre to terrible. Just figured that was not their strong point (food could be very hit or miss too, but I like to give new restaurants lots of chances to work out the kinks).

Facts. Plus, I’m just not a fan of the ordering system, floating wait staff, and the sandwich kinda sucked.

For those who are familiar with the WS food truck scene, Food Freaks has opened a brick and mortar store in Mocksville for some time now. It's on Wilkesboro street beside Miller's Restaurant. Sadly, their restaurant off Hanes Mall Blvd didn't make it, but the new location seems to be doing well. Their burger creations, are sloppy, artery clogging, but oh so good.

For those who are familiar with the WS food truck scene, Food Freaks has opened a brick and mortar store in Mocksville for some time now. It's on Wilkesboro street beside Miller's Restaurant. Sadly, their restaurant off Hanes Mall Blvd didn't make it, but the new location seems to be doing well. Their burger creations, are sloppy, artery clogging, but oh so good.

Glad to hear it. I really enjoy their food (particularly the pickle dogs), but I certainly didn't visit the Hanes Mall location enough. So I blame myself for that location closing.

Not a restaurant…but a place to get good fresh local produce.

Threshold Farm: Website.

They’re growing. Can get their stuff at Cobblestone Farmers Market or contact them for details of their CSA.

Good people. Good food.

My wife loves Poppyseed Provisions, a new "cantina" (drinking/grocery establishment marketed towards women) on West End. Its in the same renovated building as a new coffee place, hair salon, and boutique. It has a bar and she's always game to go, so we basically go every weekend now. Which is totally fine, because they have booze.

Cookout bought the property of the old Burger King on Reynolda Road. Wake $$$.

Back