• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Triad restaurant comings, goings and recs

I've only been to Radar once during the pandemic, but for me it's been:

Incendiary
Wise Man
Fiddlin Fish
Radar

But I might be #1 fanboy of Incendiary.

I've got to jump in on this one.

Honestly, for a city our size, I'd say we're pretty lucky to have the quantity/quality of breweries we have.

Those four all clump together for me, Foothills and Hoots are kinda in their own separate leagues and I find it hard to compare with those four, Small Batch I have nothing against, just beer wise I think it's at the bottom of the group. Joymongers is solid as well but fuck me their parking is god awful.

I have a very strong soft spot in my heart for Fiddlin' with their affinity for the dead so that skews my preference over Wise Man.

Haven't been to Radar enough since moving back but have enjoyed everything I had out there.

I think I'd just switch Fiddlin' and Wise Man for me.

That being said, a night of Incendiary/Cugino with a Fancy Drinks nightcap is pretty hard to beat.

Quick sidenote on Incendiary that I'm sure has been pounded to death (I'm not on here enough anymore to know), I feel like it's a massive miss that they weren't included more in the Gears and Guitars festival.

Radar is bottom of my list. Employees aren't as friendly, crummy location, lame vibes, beer is average

Incendiary/Fiddln' and Wiseman are all 3 great and on same level for me.

Coal Pit (courtyard of Incendiary 🔥 and Cugino) hosted a lot of live music during the past 6 months or so. And it was free. Apparently that drew the ire of nearby establishments whose business model requires payment for entry...

Radar is bottom of my list. Employees aren't as friendly, crummy location, lame vibes, beer is average

Incendiary/Fiddln' and Wiseman are all 3 great and on same level for me.

lol crummy location? It's like a football field away from Wise Man.

I've only been 2 or 3x but the employees were all super nice. I've never had a bad service experience at any of the breweries, but Incendiary people seem to be the busiest and as a result usually kind of no-nonsense bordering on curt. Fiddlin' bartenders are probably most consistently the nicest, but we haven't been there a lot in the last 2 years since there isn't as much outdoor space as Incendiary/Radar/Wise Man.

Coal Pit (courtyard of Incendiary 🔥 and Cugino) hosted a lot of live music during the past 6 months or so. And it was free. Apparently that drew the ire of nearby establishments whose business model requires payment for entry...

I think how they're using that space is great and getting more music in Winston is always a good thing.

The above makes no sense to me, especially since the only place I can think of is Ramkat, and they book "bigger" artists than coal pit and it's not like they're losing any artists to it.

If it's a "this place is drawing more people on the same night as us because it's free" then just book better bands.

Having been 2 dozen times now in the past few years, gotta say Incendiary's beer is just meh, it's ok. Before it opened I was super hyped for it, but I would say the main selling point of Incendiary is location. The Bailey Power Plant coal pit area has to be one of the best places to hang out in Winston now with Incendiary, Cugino Forno, Black Mountain Chocolate + the event space with live music and market, plus the huge parking garage next door is free on the weekends.

Having been 2 dozen times now in the past few years, gotta say Incendiary's beer is just meh, it's ok. Before it opened I was super hyped for it, but I would say the main selling point of Incendiary is location. The Bailey Power Plant coal pit area has to be one of the best places to hang out in Winston now with Incendiary, Cugino Forno, Black Mountain Chocolate + the event space with live music and market, plus the huge parking garage next door is free on the weekends.

I think it’s actually free on weekdays as long as you leave later in the evening. I used to work at the Kimpton and the gate would be open when I left around 9PM

We love taking the kids to Incendiary on a warm afternoon and letting them run crazy with all the other feral children while we drink. It's such a killer locale.

I cannot recommend Halal food 2 go on the corner S. MLK and Waughtown enough. It's a guy out of a food truck in a Mexican store parking lot, and good god he doesn't miss.

I'll normally stop by at least twice a week and go with the chicken and rice with white and extra red which is beyond addicting.

I cannot recommend Halal food 2 go on the corner S. MLK and Waughtown enough. It's a guy out of a food truck in a Mexican store parking lot, and good god he doesn't miss.

I'll normally stop by at least twice a week and go with the chicken and rice with white and extra red which is beyond addicting.

:eek:

Guess I know where I'm going the next time I don't want to eat at home for lunch

I've got to jump in on this one.

Honestly, for a city our size, I'd say we're pretty lucky to have the quantity/quality of breweries we have.
- agreed

Those four all clump together for me, Foothills and Hoots are kinda in their own separate leagues and I find it hard to compare with those four, Small Batch I have nothing against, just beer wise I think it's at the bottom of the group. Joymongers is solid as well but fuck me their parking is god awful.
- If you want to park right in front of Joymongers, sure. But there's tons of street parking on the roads that run into West End Blvd and a block over from WEB, including Carolina, Jersey and Pilot View

I have a very strong soft spot in my heart for Fiddlin' with their affinity for the dead so that skews my preference over Wise Man.

Haven't been to Radar enough since moving back but have enjoyed everything I had out there.
-Radar's beers are excellent

I think I'd just switch Fiddlin' and Wise Man for me.

That being said, a night of Incendiary/Cugino with a Fancy Drinks nightcap is pretty hard to beat.
- agreed

Quick sidenote on Incendiary that I'm sure has been pounded to death (I'm not on here enough anymore to know), I feel like it's a massive miss that they weren't included more in the Gears and Guitars festival.

On another note, I wish someone would open a brewery in the old Bib's spot on W 5th.

I miss Bibs. Never had a bad meal there, price was good, service was good, huge supporters of Wake Athletics.

Back