• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Triad restaurant comings, goings and recs

Anybody been to Roar yet?

We stumbled into a golf simulator and the bowling area after dinner last night.

Just made reservations for JL Caspers in there for this weekend.

Anybody been to Roar yet?

We stumbled into a golf simulator and the bowling area after dinner last night.

Just made reservations for JL Caspers in there for this weekend.

Yes, twice. Haven't yet been to JL Casper's but plan to go soon.

Really cool redevelopment of a hundred + year old auto showroom.

First floor - 20 self serve beer taps + 2 wine self serve taps. Opening soon, a pizza place called Est, I believer. Tons of casual seating and tables as you move toward the back end, which has a nice bar. Live music area and ~5 food kiosks. There's one that's an Italian flatbread place. Simone, the owner, is great and the sandwiches are killer.

Second floor - golf simulators and duckpin bowling, plus the aforementioned taps and JL Casper's.

A 4000 SF rooftop bar is being completed on the third floor.

The basement is a concert hall.

600 Degrees at Bailey Power Plant looks like it's set to open any day

A Winston location of Dram & Draught is coming to BPP in the spring

Where should we eat in Gboro before a play at the new tanger center? Not looking for super fancy or anything, but somewhere good and fun.

Where should we eat in Gboro before a play at the new tanger center? Not looking for super fancy or anything, but somewhere good and fun.
There's Fisher's and the corner slice right over near there. Crafted is good mellow mushroom southend brewery mccouls natty greenes

Bonchon on Elm.

If you don't want a chain and can travel a bit go to Nazareth Bread Company (super cheap), Pho Hien Voung (less cheap), or La Bamba on State Street.

Bonchon on Elm.

If you don't want a chain and can travel a bit go to Nazareth Bread Company (super cheap), Pho Hien Voung (less cheap), or La Bamba on State Street.

These are good

Downtown, I second Bonchon, or perhaps Jerusalem Garden, Chez Genese if it’s a matinee.

I also really like the menu at South End Brewing.

South End is pretty good for a brewery. They lucked out when Gibbs left.

Bonchon on Elm.

I have hit three plays at Tanger and we did Crafted twice. Elm St Grill the last time and it was good. A bit of a drive to Downtown, but not bad (10-15 mins). Great food and good drinks. Tanger is very nice, but just wish it was in Winston.

Next time, I will try Nazareth. Looks great and is very reasonable. Do not buy the VIP parking. You will sit in a parking deck forever! Just be patient and try to find street parking which is free after 6, but only like a dollar from 5 to 6.

El Sabor Tabasqueno finally has their food truck and it's posting up at 801 Silas Creek. Really happy that they are going to go more consistent and establish themselves a bit more.

If you haven't heard about them, it's a birria focused "restaurant" that's based out of a house in Waughtown.

They used to be serving fairly regularly but in the last few months, they've primarily been serving only on the weekends.

This is basically the only thing written about them: https://triad-city-beat.com/secret-tacos/

I'm really digging Incendiary's new location in Lewisville. (They took over the newer side of West Bend's development).

There is soooo much space. Definitely a great food truck destination.

There's Fisher's and the corner slice right over near there. Crafted is good mellow mushroom southend brewery mccouls natty greenes

No love for Print Works Bistro? Sticks and and Stones? Lindley Park Filling Station?

Anyone have opinions of Bossy Beulah's? Now that they've been open a little while, I'm ready to give it a try. For background, the Cham is the greatest chicken sandwich on Earth, and besides having a stupid service concept, Earl's sandwich was just OK. The Bojangles' Signature is better.

GO!

Last edited:
Anyone have opinions of Bossy Beulah's? Now that they've been open a little while, I'm ready to give it a try. For background, the Cham is the greatest chicken sandwich on Earth, and besides having a stupid service concept, Earl's sandwich was just OK.

Ate there once. Sandwiches were large, and pretty good. Nothing earth-shattering, but good. Hot sauce had a bit more kick than a typical buffalo sandwich, but nothing unreasonable.

Yeah. Thought Bossy B's chicken was p good but not a tier above fast food sandwiches (bojangles, chick-fil-a, popeyes etc.)

Didn't rate the sauces at all (having tried bossy sauce, their homemade ranch, and blue cheese). I have a 2 year old so probs not gonna end up there over Chick-Fil-A much on account of that. The ranch was like foothills-ketchup bad.

Also we got pretty unlucky w/service. No one was there that night (maybe an hour+ out from closing) but still took like 30 minutes for them to get our order ready.

Back