• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Triad restaurant comings, goings and recs

Some of my friends have gone to Kabobs and said it's good but is not enough food for the price.

Highway 55 Burgers - known across much of the eastern part of the state as Andy's - is coming to W-S: Way out University on Hanes Mill Rd. 50s theme with burgers and cheesesteaks and in-house made frozen custard. Good place for a quick bite.

There's a rumor that Johannes is closing. Never been but heard good things about it. It is in the Minorcas creek/Bethania Station area (early 80s Deacs - think Oscars)

http://www.johannesws.com/

I was at a game last year or maybe two years ago where they were passing out flyers in the parking lot. Always wanted to try it, but it's just too far from home for me.

The write-up:

"Although Winston-Salem has a lot to offer from an active arts and culture scene, it’s the downtown district of Old Salem that really earns the city a place on the list. Many of our cities boast historic downtowns, but Old Salem’s is different because of its focus on the town’s former Moravian settlers, and because there is a steadfast effort to keep parts of downtown in a time warp to the 18th century. It’s like a little slice of Old Williamsburg in the center of a mid-sized city. The whole district was declared a National Historic Landmark in 1966, and continues to draw in visitors with its quaint old shops, churches, and costumed reenactors."

Wait... we get ranked high for OLD SALEM?! I don't even really consider that downtown.

Highway 55 Burgers - known across much of the eastern part of the state as Andy's - is coming to W-S: Way out University on Hanes Mill Rd. 50s theme with burgers and cheesesteaks and in-house made frozen custard. Good place for a quick bite.

They have a burger challenge also for those interested. 55 oz burger (stacked patties), fries and a drink. Eat it in 30 minutes or less and its free.

Dairy-O in Clemmons opened to huge crowds today. Not to brag, but Rusty LaRue rang up my ice cream order.

Back