• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Triad restaurant comings, goings and recs

Rolled up in Gibbs Hundred Brewery today. Great brews and cool atmosphere. Recommend.

Hmm... I thought the atmosphere was cool, but didn't think their beer was that great. They need a better variety of delivery places nearby.

Crap - also just remembered I had lunch at Burger Warfare today. Very cool atmosphere and great food. I had the black bean burger and it was on time.

Sweet! I've been waiting for that place for a while.

I need a solid recommendation. I got engaged a few weeks ago, and my girl is from Mt. Airy so we will be getting married up there. What I need is a place in that area for a rehearsal dinner. Other than Shelton Vineyard, I have no clue where would fit what we're looking for, without making everyone drive to Winston.

Trio Restaurant & Bar was superb during my only visit to Mt. Airy.

I went Sunday and it was great.

It will be interesting to see if the atmosphere is still Disney-like in ~6 months.

the one in Raleigh is still Disney-like (good descriptor!) and it's been open for over a year now. I also went in for lunch on Saturday to the one in WS (was there visiting a friend for the weekend) and was pumped when the guy said it was free. We had no idea!

I'm going to the Tavern in Old Salem tonight. We went there in December and had a fantastic meal.

I'm going to the Tavern in Old Salem tonight. We went there in December and had a fantastic meal.

Good choice, though they are very strict about substitutions on their menu. My daughter pick the Tavern for her birthday dinner last year and there was nothing we could do to get them to make her an over-easy egg. She wanted one as a side, since we had been for brunch previously and she really liked the eggs. Thought it was a bit strange, but whatever.

The food is still Ham's, but the beer selection is strong.

They have a lot of gimmicks (which I love) including taps at some tables and a Craft Beer wall on the right when you walk in that is self serve draught beers while you wait for a table. They also have more TV's than before and I am a fan of their ACC school wall on the right. Overall very much bar food but I tried their wings and burger and both were pretty good.

I need a solid recommendation. I got engaged a few weeks ago, and my girl is from Mt. Airy so we will be getting married up there. What I need is a place in that area for a rehearsal dinner. Other than Shelton Vineyard, I have no clue where would fit what we're looking for, without making everyone drive to Winston.

Haven't spent much time in Mt. Airy but I suspect the wineries around the area are probably your best bet. Toy and I like Round Peak/Skull Camp which is about 10 miles west on 74, it's a cool little spot nestled in the hills with a winery and brewery in the same location, the beer is decent and they've got a good covered outdoor spot out back overlooking the vineyard which would be nice if the weather cooperates

One of the most beautiful restaurants in the Triad. Has the look and feel of a Country Club but is very comfortably casual as well. Varied menu with reasonably good pricing and exceptional food and service. Nice wine list that is also priced well.
It's called Phoenix Grille Downtown. PhoenixGrille.us.com

Unfortunately Phoenix Grille is already out of business. I had a good meal the one time I went, but I think that location won't work for anyone no matter how good the food.

Haven't spent much time in Mt. Airy but I suspect the wineries around the area are probably your best bet. Toy and I like Round Peak/Skull Camp which is about 10 miles west on 74, it's a cool little spot nestled in the hills with a winery and brewery in the same location, the beer is decent and they've got a good covered outdoor spot out back overlooking the vineyard which would be nice if the weather cooperates

I will 2nd the Round Peak/Skull recommendation. I know the owners & have helped them with some events at their place. Additionally, we LOVE Elkin Creek Vineyards & Jones von Drehle. I'm pretty sure both of these could do an event on site....Elkin Creek for sure. My wife & I are wine club members of both & have become pretty good freinds with the Elkin Creek owners. A lesser known vineyard in that area is MenaRick. They only make Portugese wine so it is very unique & flavorful...but I don't think they could do a rehearsal dinner. What time of the year are you getting married?

This isn't a new restaurant, but ate at Kitchen Roselli in East Bend, which is way up Reynolda, and wow. Hard to believe a place that amazing is out there in the middle of nowhere - I think it's the best Italian I've had in the Triad

This isn't a new restaurant, but ate at Kitchen Roselli in East Bend, which is way up Reynolda, and wow. Hard to believe a place that amazing is out there in the middle of nowhere - I think it's the best Italian I've had in the Triad

They were in Lewisville for a while but were in a weird building and though well-liked could never really get things going. I have heard others speak very highly of what hey are doing in East Bend.

Sticks and Stones has a 16 tap Foothills takeover this week. Plus, they'll be tapping a cask of white chocolate raspberry People's Porter tonight. :beer:

Any of that going still going to be available by 2/22?

Looking at their calendar, just when I am headed to them, Foothills is having their decade parade in DC on Thursday Feb 19- at Churchkey for DC deacs.

Are these the same people that owned sunny Italy in Elkin ?

Back