• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Triad restaurant comings, goings and recs

In greensboro, The Mad Hatter on Friendly is a breath of fresh air.

Great bar with some amazing burgers.

http://madhatterbb.com/

I had The Boss and thought about it for about 3 weeks afterward. It was amazing.

BBQ_Burger.jpg

The BOSS - $12
Topped with pulled pork BBQ,
Carolina BBQ sauce, slaw, and fried onions

I thought it was just ok. Above average burger, average fries, average beer selection.

I finally made it to mission pizza napoletena last week on 7th and trade. GD, that's good-ass pizza. Had the EAC, margherita, and Bianca pizzas(my favorite). Really awesome.

Locally owned and operated by a high school classmate of mine. Good guy and I hear good things about the food from people who have tried it.

I've always enjoyed the burgers at West End Cafe, not sure why. Hutch & Harris is pretty good too. Bad Daddy's was okay, but that's like saying Fuddrucker's has the best burgers in town

What's the best burger in Winston? Thoughts? Really not a lot of places bringing the heat in that regard..

Maybe the new Bad Daddy's place? The pimento cheese burger at Mozelles is awesome too, not sure if it's fair to include that.

Elizabeth's Pizza has a surprisingly underrated burger, but I strongly doubt it's the best in Winston. I'm not sure Winston has a truly great burger option.

I've always enjoyed the burgers at West End Cafe, not sure why. Hutch & Harris is pretty good too. Bad Daddy's was okay, but that's like saying Fuddrucker's has the best burgers in town

Hmm I didn't really think they were that large of a chain, but it does sound a bit wrong.

I forgot about WEC, need to hit that place up more often.

I've always been a little disappointed in Hutch and Harris when I've eaten there.

Elizabeth's Pizza has a surprisingly underrated burger, but I strongly doubt it's the best in Winston. I'm not sure Winston has a truly great burger option.

Cloverdale Kitchen used to have a good burger.

I've heard several mediocre reviews of the Mad Hatter. I need to check it out myself.

One place I haven't seen mentioned yet is Dames - I cannot recommend that place enough.

My only gripe with Mission is the pricing at like 14/15 bucks for a single person sized pizza, but I've been spoiled by Pizza Pura in Asheville wrt that I think.

Yeah, the price is a touch high, but comparing it to similar non-pizza restaurants, it's really not bad, especially considering it's a unique food for this town. Good atmosphere there too. Open for lunches w-f, which should be nice for the DT lunch crowd.

Yeah, the price is a touch high, but comparing it to similar non-pizza restaurants, it's really not bad, especially considering it's a unique food for this town. Good atmosphere there too. Open for lunches w-f, which should be nice for the DT lunch crowd.

Yeah, but at those restaurants I feel like you get a lot more food-wise. It's rough spending 50 bucks in Winston for a two person meal that isn't especially filling (two pizzas at 15 bucks + drinks). I can't imagine spending 20 bucks on a lunch in Winston.

There's a very similar place in Asheville (Pizza Pura) that does the same style pizza for 10-15 bucks but they are big enough to be able to share between two people and generally include more toppings as well. So I might just be unfairly comparing to that, but since I've seen more done for less, it's hard to justify going there very often. Though that Diavola pizza is good enough to make it worth it every now and then.

Hmm I didn't really think they were that large of a chain, but it does sound a bit wrong.

I forgot about WEC, need to hit that place up more often.

I've always been a little disappointed in Hutch and Harris when I've eaten there.

They have ~10 locations in three states i think, so the Fuddrucker's comparison is a bit unfair. But still

I don't get the H&H hate. I've heard several say the same thing, but I've never had a bad experience there

I've heard several mediocre reviews of the Mad Hatter. I need to check it out myself.

One place I haven't seen mentioned yet is Dames - I cannot recommend that place enough.

Where's Dames? I've never heard of it.

It's been there forever. Ate there pretty frequently when I worked in Winston. Dad ate there when he was at Wake.

Restaurants that last a long time tend to be getting something right.

I've avoided this place since I feel like it's full of OLDS. Even though it's a mile from my house.

Clovedale is consistent, good food, but no atmosphere. It was geriatric in the 90's too. But the food was good. I only went to Cloverdale about once a month, after Rierson's closed.

Dame's, is that the chicken & waffles place in Durham? Been there once, that place is the tits. Are there other locations in the triad?

Back