• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Triad restaurant comings, goings and recs

Hmmm... I like Sticks and Stones, but I think Mellow Mushroom is better than Blue Rock.

Mission Pizza is a little bit on the expensive side, but sooo good and totally worth it.

Just went to Mission on Wednesday night. Had the Montanara, the one with fried dough as the crust. Definitely more filling and really fucking good, washed it down with two Hoots porters and it was allll right.

The omission of Luigi's in Morehead City is horseshit.

I've been to Morehead City a gazillion times (wife's family has a place there) and I've never even heard of it, but that's probably because I'm rarely looking for pizza when I'm down there. Just looked it up to see what type of place it is - it looks like the same NY style pizza place you see everywhere (although, the owners are actually Italian, so I guess it has authenticity on it's side at least). Still, all of the reviews are solid so I'll have to check it out next time. I just have to wonder how it can be that much better than every other similar place...

Tried to go to Burger Warfare. Over an hour wait for two. I'll do that at Hops, but not at Burger Warfare with the reviews I've heard.

Tried to go to Burger Warfare. Over an hour wait for two. I'll do that at Hops, but not at Burger Warfare with the reviews I've heard.

yeah, definitely not worth more than a 10 minute wait. As I said, tier 2 burgers, tier 3 beers. Go to hops unless you have kids who want to see robots while they eat and Chuck E Cheese make you want to commit seppuku. On second thought - go to Big Burger Spot with the kids and bring a transformer - more fun all around.

yeah, definitely not worth more than a 10 minute wait. As I said, tier 2 burgers, tier 3 beers. Go to hops unless you have kids who want to see robots while they eat and Chuck E Cheese make you want to commit seppuku. On second thought - go to Big Burger Spot with the kids and bring a transformer - more fun all around.

We got to Hops a lot with the kid. We'll go to Emma Keys when it's warmer.

I'm so-so on Burger Spot and my wife actively doesn't like it.

We ended up a Marshall Free House, which I always enjoy.

Is Marshall Free House okay to bring a baby at lunch? I was thinking about trying that out this weekend.

Most underrated burger in the Triad is TJ's Deli. Nothing fancy just a simple, straightforward burger.

The problem is I can't go in there and not get a buffalo cham.

So many things look amazing on TJs menu, but like you, I can't justify choosing anything other than the buffalo cham. Or buffalo super cham if I'm feeling ambitious

Back