• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Triad restaurant comings, goings and recs

Looks like The Loop is reopening soon:

https://www.looppizzagrill.com/locations/winston-salem.aspx

On a side note, this is some of the worst ad copy I've ever seen. Misspelling the city you're coming back to not once but twice? And the whole set-up is lousy - Like homemade food? We don't have that, but you'll like our specialty pizzas! And how about that [insert local sports team]

About This Loop
If you're a college student, away from home and craving that home made taste, then The Loop is an absolute must! OK, so we don't make mom's Broccoli Casserole,but she probably can't make a Specialty Pizza the way The Loop does. We have been serving the neighborhoods in Winston-Salaem since 2002. It's very fulfilling to see former students return for games, now returning with their spouses and children. We couln't be more pleased that The Loop is the "must eat place" in Winst0n-Salaem. We're glad to be back and look forward to seeing you. Go Demon Deacons!

Went to the old Loop once. The salad wasn't wilted, but the pizza wasn't any better than take-n-bake. I'll pass.

Anyone know anything about this Juggheads Growlers and Pints going into an old gas station on Country Club down from ECW and Little Richards? I'm intrigued.

I heard through the grapevine that small batch is done.

Anyone know anything about this Juggheads Growlers and Pints going into an old gas station on Country Club down from ECW and Little Richards? I'm intrigued.

I only know they've been threatening to launch this thing for a loooong time. Will believe it when they fill my first growler.

Yeah, my source seemed positive they were over. I suppose he could be misinformed, but he is the kind of guy who knows these things

Not doubting. Regular customer would be last to know, especially compared to someone in real estate or at Mullen (their design firm) or a bunch of other places.

Yeah, I regularly drink with the owner's dad. They've hit a number of permit and contractor delays, but they're aiming for this month finally.

Yeah, I regularly drink with the owner's dad. They've hit a number of permit and contractor delays, but they're aiming for this month finally.

What is it going to be? Just a craft beer store, or will they serve on the premises?

I'm wondering if the craft beer market is getting saturated locally.

It seemed as if they were getting plenty of business, wonder what happened or if they just couldn't make the financials work?

It seemed as if they were getting plenty of business, wonder what happened or if they just couldn't make the financials work?

That's what I was thinking. Every time I went, they were busy.

I never thought the food or beer was anything special though.

Back