• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Triad restaurant comings, goings and recs

Great news on so many fronts.

1. We keep a non-chain, cool restaurant
2. Chic's dark powers are waning

If my dark powers relied on this random business associate source, I would renounce them as bull. Trust me, there was no magic in this, it was merely a human interaction.

I heard they had just signed a lease at Crowne Polo too.

66068-panic-gif-sgeU.gif

But seriously that pretzel beer cheese looks like sex for my mouth.

Augustine's Bistro (attached to the Steven's Center) has closed, per sign on the door :panda:

I can't think of any reason why that location would be bad for restaurants, given the successful restaurants all around. Maybe they just need to get a good one in there

I can't think of any reason why that location would be bad for restaurants, given the successful restaurants all around. Maybe they just need to get a good one in there

The Augustine's owner speculated that outsider's may have perceived it as expensive given the ornate surroundings of the Stevens Center.

The Augustine's owner speculated that outsider's may have perceived it as expensive given the ornate surroundings of the Stevens Center.

I think there may be something to this, but my opinion has a twist. I always found the ornate exterior distracting to the eye so the causal person passing on the street notices the Stevens Center but has no idea there is a restaurant in there. It took me years of passing by the area to realize there was that Italian restaurant in there awhile back and then I actually never even realized there was a French place in there even though Ive passed by several times during which it must have been in there.

I think this is true as well. Winston has a long memory. It took a long time to get a restaurant to stick in the Steak & Ale murder location.

Back in the 90s, the Stevens Center had a fancy french restaurant. That combined with being in the Stevens Center probably contributed.

Apparently GSO is getting a German restaurant. http://www.news-record.com/blogs/short_orders/german-restaurant-opening-in-greensboro/article_a31fbd2c-cdd1-11e4-97ae-c33cadb94b9e.html run by the people who run Old Europe in WS. Anyone ever eat there?

Yes. I deff recommend it. Cool, laid back atmosphere and authentic food that is great. Now if there is a German person on the board who ate there and hated it I'll defer to their opinion but I enjoy the one in Winston.

Back