• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Triad restaurant comings, goings and recs

Had it tonight. Called the White Walker (I think), very tasty. They also had a west coast IPA that was delicious. Seems like they are doing well

the Old Salem beer sold out in like 4 hours the first day. White Walker is a different one, but I enjoyed it too!

Tried Hops the other week while in GSO. Definitely a great burger. They should take over Bob's Big Gas Subs on Reynolda. I think they would kill it there...

Best burger in Winston-Salem? Go

Go to Greensboro. Bad Daddy isn't bad, but doesn't touch Hops / Emma Key's / Tipsyz (HP).

Of course, there could be a new entrant I haven't experienced.

Go to Greensboro. Bad Daddy isn't bad, but doesn't touch Hops / Emma Key's / Tipsyz (HP).

Looking for a lunch burger, not a road trip. Otherwise I'd just have read the past 6 pages of posts

Burger night at Sweet Potatoes maybe?

Mozelles has dat pimento cheeseburger on their menu that's pretty awesome.

Shit, that looks good. Haven't been there in a while for lunch.

I've usually liked H&H and West End Cafe's burgers but am generally unaware of the lauded burgers in town. Going with a burger fanatic today, need to bring a strong rec

I'm no burger connoisseur, but I had a rather delicious one at Hutch & Harris over the weekend, with pimiento cheese, bacon and jalapenos. The server did tell me medium is the lowest I could get it cooked (when I asked for medium rare) but said he'd see what he could do. It came out pretty medium-rare though.

Bad Daddy's is solid I think. Most of the Greek owned restaurants have a very good burger and price.

Just had a burger there for lunch an hour ago. That's definitely one of those don't-judge-a-book-by-its-cover places - it looks like a dive, but their food is really good.

I'm extremely happy with Cookout burgers.
I will throw a shoutout to River Ridge's Mustard Pepper Burger and First Street's Southern Stilton.

I'm extremely happy with Cookout burgers.
I will throw a shoutout to River Chase's Mustard Pepper Burger and First Street's Southern Stilton.

Oh damn, yeah how could I forget about the Southern Stilton. Nomnomnom.

I think that's probably my favorite burger in town.

I'm never disappointed with a burger from Bad Daddy. The Cantina is my go to from there.

I'm never disappointed with a burger from Bad Daddy. The Cantina is my go to from there.

The porch?

(if so) The burgers there are good? I always stick w/ the actual tex-mex food and have never seen anyone order a burger before.

The porch?

(if so) The burgers there are good? I always stick w/ the actual tex-mex food and have never seen anyone order a burger before.

I think he means the burger called the Cantina, at Bad Daddy's

Cantina Burger Crispy or grilled black bean burger topped with green chiles,avocado & chipotle ranch, cheddar & Monterey Jack cheeses

The porch?

The Cantina is a burger at Bad Daddy's

Cantina Burger
Crispy or grilled black bean burger topped with green chiles, avocado & chipotle ranch, cheddar & Monterey Jack cheeses $9.65
Substitute Beef*, Chicken or Turkey for $1.00

Back