• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Triad restaurant comings, goings and recs

Oh, that's horrible. He's been a Winston institution forever.

New Town Bistro (on Jonestown) is closing. Only been a few times but was good.

Only been once. Both of us got food poisoning from a salad.

I hate to see a big spot empty.

Last edited:
If I remember correctly, some drunken Jersey boob beat up Paul pretty seriously a few years ago - very tragic situation and I think Jersey boy did time for it.

If I remember correctly, some drunken Jersey boob beat up Paul pretty seriously a few years ago - very tragic situation and I think Jersey boy did time for it.

"In February of 2010, Paul Perello was knocked to the ground in the parking lot of his restaurant, breaking his wrists and his nose, the Journal reported. Some customers tried to break up a fight that started outside a nearby tavern, but the men chased them back into the restaurant. Perello went outside to help flag down police, and one of the suspects knocked Perello to the ground when running away. The man who pushed him was sentenced to more than two years in prison."

Hap's is great...if you want everyone to know you ate at Hap's. You will stink for hours.

So next week I am likely to have to kill a few hours in Winston, mid afternoon. Good places with patios and yummy food I can graze/munch on while I read a book? Other than the porch, I am not coming up with much, but I shamefully don't know winston that well anymore.

So next week I am likely to have to kill a few hours in Winston, mid afternoon. Good places with patios and yummy food I can graze/munch on while I read a book? Other than the porch, I am not coming up with much, but I shamefully don't know winston that well anymore.

Just go to Harper's.

Terrible to hear. I grew up with Marcello. The Perellos are great people.

Damn just saw this. Paul's is just down the street from my house (and I would imagine a lot of other people on here from the Mt. Tabor area). Been to that restaurant way too many times to count.

Quiet Pint?

Funny aside, my wife did her student teaching with Marcello's 5th grade class at Jefferson.

Oh snap I was a 5th grader at Jefferson then. I don't think we had a student teacher in my class though. I can't remember if Marcello was in my class that year or not.

Back