• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Triad restaurant comings, goings and recs

Winston's getting a Toast downtown? That's pretty sweet. It's one of the best brunch spots in CLT (if not the best) w/ great coffee and great omelettes.

Last edited:
Anyone have a recommendation of a place in Greensboro to eat dinner and watch the soccer match on Friday, where I can go with my 10 year-old?

I'd thought Hops, but they're always crowded, so I'd feel a touch guilty of just hanging out after we eat (if we can even get a seat). Pour house is kinda sketchy for a kid and the food and beer selection have dropped off a cliff.

Anyone have a recommendation of a place in Greensboro to eat dinner and watch the soccer match on Friday, where I can go with my 10 year-old?

I'd thought Hops, but they're always crowded, so I'd feel a touch guilty of just hanging out after we eat (if we can even get a seat). Pour house is kinda sketchy for a kid and the food and beer selection have dropped off a cliff.

Cooper's Ale House is having a watch party. I've never been, but SD3 goes all the time (and I believe is going Friday). Not sure how 10yo friendly it is.

Cooper's Ale House is having a watch party. I've never been, but SD3 goes all the time (and I believe is going Friday). Not sure how 10yo friendly it is.

Wasn't impressed with Cooper's when I went. The food was ok, but the place didn't have a great beer selection and was in serious disrepair.

Went there a few times during last year's WC. Might not be the same for women's, but it was standing room only. I wouldn't have taken my 8 year old.

We went to Kiosco before the Fleetwood Mac show and it was terrible. Try the tacqueria Azteca at Quaker Village or the place in the strip stores on spring garden beside church's right off w market

Went there a few times during last year's WC. Might not be the same for women's, but it was standing room only. I wouldn't have taken my 8 year old.

I went Monday night. Good crowd but not overwhelming. It would have been fine for a 10 year old.

I guess? Food was decent and beer was cold and people seemed genuinely excited to watch soccer. Made for a fun night even if it's not the greatest spot.

I've never been to Josephine's despite living ~1 mile away. Maybe Hops can just expand to there and become a super location. Ooo or that building could be a bar/area to wait for a table.

I've never been to Josephine's despite living ~1 mile away. Maybe Hops can just expand to there and become a super location. Ooo or that building could be a bar/area to wait for a table.

Or at least take their parking spots.

Back